Business Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel and Power BI
What you'll learn
- Constantly being updated with new content and covering more areas of business data analysis.
- Be more productive and creative in their use of Microsoft Excel and Power BI for business and reporting
- Become proficient in using PivotTables for analyzing a large data
- Become proficient in the use of VLOOKUP, HLOOK, LOOKUP to get last item, INDEX and MATCH to make automated dynamic dashboarts/reports.
- Learn how to use Sorting in more advanced ways: multi-level sorting, sorting left to right.
- Learn how to create professional and great looking charts in Excel and understand when to use a particular chart type.
- Learn creative uses of Excel and a lot of keyboard shortcuts that saves analysis time
- Be introduced to Excel VBA, shown how to create a macro by clicking a particular button twice.
- Make a sample Excel VBA userform that gets data from user and input into a table in Excel
- Learn Power BI and other new interesting business data analysis tools by Microsoft
- The training is constantly being updated with new interesting content. The goal is to have the most comprehensive and up-to-date business data analysis with Excel and Power BI course.
- The training requires having Excel 2010 and above. Excel 2007 will also work but you won't be able to practice the PowerPivot example. You will also need Power BI Desktop installed, it is free from Microsoft.
- You also must be ready to practice every topic covered as there are companion practice along files for every topic.
**** Important Notice *********************************
We do regular live support sessions to give a more enriching experience and help you align what you are learning with career growth. Enroll now to get this benefit for life!
Microsoft Excel is the world's most used and versatile business analysis, reporting and strategy software. Having a deep practical knowledge of Excel will turn you almost superhuman at work and increase your productivity. You will be seen as a very efficient, highly competent and indispensable partner in the organization's progress. And, hopefully, it will lead to a much greater career role and opportunity for you.
Power BI is Microsoft's business intelligence and dashboarding tool that enables organizations to have a wholesome understanding of what is happening at all operational levels of the company. With it you can create reports with drill down features, access-level restrictions, auto-refresh, alerts/triggers and interactivity.
This training is going to focus on making you highly proficient in the use of Excel and Power BI for business data analysis, dashboard creation and reporting the professional way. And most of this would be achieved through lots of samples that will be similar to what you'll need at work.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed mainly for business professionals who use Excel a lot at work. It is built entirely out of my experience teaching over 500 business professionals over the course of two years on Excel, business data analysis and VBA. It focuses on giving you business productivity improving Excel skill and tips using practice files I built to mirror Excel consulting jobs I have done for companies. The course is best suited for people who currently used Excel at work and will benefit from improved Excel skills for reporting, presentation and analysis.
- However, if you seldom use Excel and just want a certificate in Excel for CV purpose, you will find it hard to put in the commitment required to finish this training. You should consider the Microsoft MOS training as it is more ideal for CV building.
- This course is also not for people who want to learn business data analysis but not with Excel and/or Power BI. The entire course is Excel and Power BI based.
Michael is a 9x Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional), certified Advanced Financial Modeler (AFM), Chartered Stockbroker (NG), UK CISI member, Microsoft Certified Trainer and founder of UrBizEdge, a business data analysis solutions firm. He began his professional career as a Radio Access (RA) Engineer for Nokia Siemens Networks, then as a Business Analyst and MIS Analyst for Comviva -- Airtel Africa CRBT operations in 10 countries, and finally as a Service Delivery Lead and Performance Analyst for 21st Century Technologies before resigning to build his own company.
He has done several financial modeling, business intelligence and data analysis projects/training for Telecommunications companies, FMCG companies, FinTech companies and other industries across the globe.
He is addicted to Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Python, business intelligence and Financial Modeling.