Microsoft Power BI - Business Intelligence for Beginners
- 31.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 73 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to use the easiest Business Intelligence tool to create stunning reports and dashboards.
- learn how you can visualize that data in a meaningful way to revile insights into your business like never before.
- learn how, with Power BI, to connect to multiple sources of data like SQL Server, Excel, CSV, JSON, XML, Web and SQL Analysis Services etc....
- learn how to, with the power of basic DAX, create powerful calculations and comparisons across multiples tables of data.
- Learn how to create advanced DAX measures and calculated columns for complex calculations.
- Learn Dataflows (new CDM base, Azure Lake gen2), what it is and how to use and configure databases in it.
- Learn how to use charts using visuals like column, line, pie, combo, Scatter, Treemap, Funnel, Gauges and KPIs to name a few.
- Easily clean the messy data, model your data as per your requirement and format your report to make it look beautiful and professional.
- Learn to create powerful tables and matrix of reporting data.
- Learn how to use Text Boxes, Shapes, Images, maps, and other visuals.
- Learn how to turn data into insight and data into interactive visualizations to tell a story.
- Learn how to use advanced features like Report page tooltips and Bookmarks.
- Learn to use Custom Visualizations and Themes in Power BI.
- Learn and develop data modeling skills.
- Learn how to automate the cleansing of data.
- Learn how to collaboration and sharing of content on Microsoft's Powerful platform.
- This hands on course will prepare you to start your data analytics career.
- Learn Dashboard-in-a-day at your own pace at home or at your office.
- Learn Power BI Best Practices, Tip and Tricks.
- Absolutely no experience is required. We will start from the basics and gradually build up your knowledge with clear and concise step by step instructions
- No prior knowledge needed, covers Power BI end to end, while providing a wealth of practical tips for those that already know Power BI.
- Power BI requires that you use a work or school email address to sign up. You can't sign up using email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. This includes outlook, hotmail, gmail, yahoo and others.
Learn to create stunning Dashboards and Reports using Microsoft's free Business Intelligence / Analytics tool, Power BI.
Do you want to build professional-quality Business Intelligence Reports from the ground up ? Do you want to blend and transform raw data into beautiful Interactive Dashboards ? Do you want to learn design and implement the same B.I. tools used by professional analysts and data scientists ? Do you want to understand the Business Intelligence workflow from end-to-end.
Then Microsoft Power BI is the right tool for you and this comprehensive course will teach you everything you need to know to use Power BI.
This hands on (Beginner to Intermediate) course will prepare you to start your data analytics career and also will prepare you to Successfully implement Power BI in your organization. Absolutely no experience is required. 25+ hours of HD videos of building 18 interactive Business Intelligence Reports and Dashboards (real-world examples) from scratch to finish. Files for Start and Finished projects also included to challenge you so you can learn by immediately applying what you're learning . You will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply these same concepts to real-word to solve the Business problems or Business requirements.
By the time you complete this course, You'll be a highly proficient Power BI user. You'll be fully prepared to collect, clean, model and present data for any purpose. You will be using your skills as a Business Intelligence Professional to extract knowledge from data so you can analyze and visualize complex Business Problems/Requirements with ease.
Why should you consider a career as a Business Data Analyst?
Salary. A Business Data Analyst is a well-paid career
Stable Career. As most corporations gathering more and more data. There will never be shortage of Jobs for Business Data Analyst.
Advancement in Career : Since you will be building different reports for different departments. You will never be bored and always be valued. Which will bring you more opportunities in your career. Business Data Analyst get very visibility in corporations. Whole management depends on them.
#microsoft #powerbi #data #business #intelligence #analysis
Section 1: Business intelligence -
Introduction to Power BI
Business Analysis - Course Introduction
Thank you for enrolling - Must watch
Dashboard-in-a-day & Power BI Best Practices Introduction
Power Bi Introduction - 0
Power Bi Introduction - 1
Power Bi Introduction - 2
Why Microsoft Power BI
Power BI Family
Power BI Desktop
Power BI Service 1
Power BI Service 2
IT Challenges 0
IT Challenges 1
How to take the quizzes
Section 2: Data Analysis and Business Intelligence - Collect , Injest and Import Data
Download Data files first
Import data from CSV files
Import data from Excel files
Import data from Web 1
Import data from Web 2
Import Real-time Streaming Data
Download and Install SQL Server Express
Download and Install Sample Databases
Import data from SQL Server
Import data from OData feed REST-API
Import Data from Folder
Dataflows - Introduction
Dataflows - Create Gateway from Scratch
Dataflows - Create Entities from CSV file
Dataflows - Create Entities Using SQL Server
Section 3: Prep, Clean and Shape Data
Download resources for this section.
Make first row as headers
How to create calculate columns
How to remove duplicates, Unpivot columns and split columns
Change Data type, Replace Values and Rearrange the columns
Section 4: Power BI Visuals
Download resources for this section.
Stacked bar Chart
Clustered Column Chart
Visuals-Area Chart and Analytics Tab Explained-0
Visuals-Area Chart and Analytics Tab Explained-1
Visuals-Card and Multi-Row Card
Visuals-Text boxes - Shapes - Images
Custom Visuals - Word Cloud
Section 5: Data Modeling
Our First Report-0
Our First Report-1
Our First Report-2
Our First Report-3
Publishing and Sharing your first report
Theme Download file
Modeling and Relationships-0
Modeling and Relationships-1
Other ways to create Relationship
Normalization - Denormalization-0
Normalization - Denormalization-1
OLTP vs OLAP
Star Schema vs Snowflake Schema-0
Star Schema vs Snowflake Schema-1
Section 6: Introduction to DAX
DAX101 - Importing Data for Dax Learning
DAX101 - Resources for Dax Learning
DAX101 - What is Dax
DAX101 - Dax Data Types
DAX101 - Dax Operators and Syntax
DAX101 - M vs Dax
DAX101 - Create a Column
DAX101 - Rules to Create Measures
DAX101 - Calculated Columns vs Calculated Measures-0
DAX101 - Calculated Columns vs Calculated Measures-1
DAX101 - Sum()
DAX101 - AVERAGE()-MIN()-MAX()
DAX101 - SUMX()
DAX101 - DIVIDE()
DAX101 - COUNT()-COUNTROWS()
DAX101 - CALCULATE()-0
DAX101 - CALCULATE()-1
DAX101 - FILTER()
DAX101 - ALL()
DAX101 - Time Intelligence - Create Date Table in M (important)
DAX101 - Time Intelligence - Create Date Table in DAX-0
DAX101 - Time Intelligence - Create Date Table in DAX-1
DAX101 - Time Intelligence - PREVIOUSMONTH()
DAX101 - Time Intelligence - SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR()
DAX101 - Time Intelligence - TOTALYTD()
DAX101 - Display Last Refresh Date
DAX101 - Time Intelligence - DATEADD()
DAX101 - Quick Measures
Section 7: Hands-on Real-world Projects
Productivity in 2017
Tough Sport by Skill
Terrorism in World
IT Tickets Analysis
Human Resources 1
Human Resources 2
Human Resources 3
Financial Data Report
Section 8: Personal - Enterprise Gateway
Personal vs Enterprise Gateway
Install and Configure Personal Gateway
Install and Configure Enterprise Gateway
Manage SQL Server Data Source thru Enterprise Gateway
Section 9: Power BI Service and Dashboards
What are Dashboards
How to create Workspace and Publish Report
Create dashboards 6 different ways-0
Create dashboards 6 different ways-1
Favorite dashboards, reports, and apps in Power BI
Subscribe to a Report or Dashboard
Rename Workspace or Report or Dashboard
Display Reports or Dashboards in Full screen mode
Delete Reports or Dashboards
Setting up Alerts on Cards
Q-A in Power BI
Analyze in Excel
File and View Options
Printing Dashboard and Reports
Row level security
Access Reports Dashboards using Mobile Devices
Report page tooltip-0
Report page tooltip-1
Filter- Page-Report-Visualization level-0
Filter- Page-Report-Visualization level-1
Section 10: Sharing and Collaboration
Sharing and Collaboration
Publish To Web
Section 11: Bonus Lectures
Power BI : Best Practices, Tips and Tricks 0
Power BI : Best Practices, Tips and Tricks 1
Power BI : Best Practices, Tips and Tricks 2
Power BI : Best Practices, Tips and Tricks 3
Power BI : Best Practices, Tips and Tricks 4
Power BI : Best Practices, Tips and Tricks 5
Dashboard-in-a-day : Download Material link
Dashboard-in-a-day : Introduction
Dashboard-in-a-day : Accessing Data
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data Preparation 0
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data Preparation 1
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data modeling and Exploration 0
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data modeling and Exploration 1
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data modeling and Exploration 2
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data modeling and Exploration 3
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data modeling and Exploration 4
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data Visualizations 0
Dashboard-in-a-day : Data Visualizations 1
Dashboard-in-a-day : Publishing Report
Dashboard-in-a-day : Creating Dashboards 0
Dashboard-in-a-day : Creating Dashboards 1
Dashboard-in-a-day : 6 ways to create Dashboards 0
Dashboard-in-a-day : 6 ways to create Dashboards 1
- Anyone looking to get a job and prepare to start data analytics career.
- Entrepreneurs/CEO/Founders looking to master the Data Analysis process.
- Students learning in the field of Data.
- Data scientists.
- Newbies who are looking to enhance their skill sets in the field of Business Analysis.
- Business Analyst and aspiring Business Analyst.
- Business Analyst in charge of automation efforts
- Enthusiastic quality professionals who are NEW to the Business Analysis and want to take their skills to the next level.
- Business Analyst who want to advance their skill set.
- Anyone wanting to transition into Business Analyst.