ISO 22301:2019. Business continuity management system
What you'll learn
- What is a business continuity management system
- What are the requirements of ISO 22301:2019
- Key tools for business continuity like the business impact analysis or the risk assessment
- What is a business continuity strategy and what it should include
- Concepts like the MTPD, RTO, RPO, MBCO
- How a business continuity management system can be implemented
- No specific prior knowledge required.
- Familiarity with management systems is helpful.
- General knowledge on business continuity and disaster recovery is helpful.
The course discusses the concept of business continuity and the requirements of ISO 22301:2019 - the international standard that defines the requirements for a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
The course follows the structure of the standard covering the following requirements:
- Context of the organization - internal and external issues that affect the organization, the needs and expectations of interested parties and the scope of the business continuity management system
- Leadership - top management commitment for business continuity, business continuity policy, roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Planning - Actions to address risks and opportunities, business continuity objectives and the planning of changes
- Support - Resources, competence and awareness, communication and documented information
- Operation - Business impact analysis, risk assessment, business continuity strategies and solutions, business continuity plans and procedures, warning and communication, the incident response structure, the exercise programme and the evaluation of business continuity documentation and capabilities
- Performance evaluation - Monitoring and measurement, analysis and evaluation, the internal audit of the BCMS, management review
- Improvement - Nonconformity and corrective action; continual improvement.
The information is valuable to any professional involved in business continuity and disaster recovery related activities.
After going through the lessons here you will have a clear image of how a business continuity management system (BCMS) should be shaped, what are it's main elements, what documents should exist and how they should be implemented.
The information in the course is valuable for professionals who want to participate in business continuity auditing - of suppliers, partners or for certification purposes.
If you are looking to become a certified business continuity professional then the information in this course will be of great help.
If your organization intends to become certified to ISO 22301:2019 and you have responsibilities for the BCMS then I am sure you will find a lot of support in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Business continuity managers
- Business continuity engineers
- Risk specialists
- Business continuity consultants
- Management system auditors
- Business owners
- People involved in business continuity and disaster recovery related activities
What I do ?
I translate the knowledge and best practices of international standards into common language, to help people and organizations improve.
What I am interested in ?
My interests cover multipled disciplines including quality management, information security, business continuity, compliance management, occupational health & safety, environmental management, social responsibility, project management, food safety or risk management.
Who am I ?
I have started working in the field of standards, auditing and certification in the early 2000s and since then I have participated in hunderds of projects in multiple sectors and disciplines. Today I work for RIGCERT, an accredited certification body operating in Europe.
How I do things ?
Since my first course, in 2016, my focus has been to extract the key ideas and concepts from standards and to give you all important information in a concentrated form. For some of the subjects I teach, I collaborate with experts who help me offer value in every course that I create.