Business Communication Skills
What you'll learn
- The foundational basics and best practices to improve your communication effectiveness; verbally, writing an email or in a meeting.
- The three essential communication basics: choosing the right communication medium, stating a clear objective, and seeing the other person’s perspective.
- Best practices to effectively communicate verbally, both in delivering and receiving messages.
- Best practices to effectively write emails that have an impact and understand email etiquette in the workplace.
- Best practices to effectively plan for and manage meetings that generate real value.
- Basic understanding of workplace communication; verbally, emails and meetings.
Being a stronger and effective communicator is not only a prerequisite for being successful in most roles, but also a crucial aspect for growing in your career. In this course you will learn the foundational basics and best practices to improve your business communication effectiveness. Whether you are speaking with others, writing an email, or leading a meeting, there are key and simple best practices that you should follow to achieve a successful outcome. By the end of this course, and with a little effort and practice, you will become a more effective communicator when conveying ideas/concepts or in getting others to act.
In respect of your time, this course only focuses on the key and most important elements that every person should know and understand to communicate effectively within the workplace. You will learn when it is smarter to speak in person, send an email or have a meeting. You will learn how to get better outcomes by clearly stating objectives and by looking at situations from the other person’s perspective. You will learn best practices for delivering and receiving messages. The words you use, the order you say things, how you listen and being mindful tone and body language, all contribute to an effective conversation. Learn workplace email etiquette and how to properly plan for and manage an effective meeting that generates real value.
Who this course is for:
- Primarily for new(er) employees in the workplace who want to improve their communication effectiveness, capability to effectively interact with others.
- Individuals looking for best practices and tips to improve their workplace communication effectiveness
Accomplished senior executive with 20+ years’ experience leading HR & Commercial teams, spanning North America and Europe.
My belief is you are only as good as the people around you, and my focus throughout my career is on building a strong and sustainable team, driven by challenges and undaunted by obstacles, whose efforts contribute to the top-line and bottom-line performance successes. In my experience, I wish more companies and Leaders would spend more time helping their people and teams grow and develop soft skills and leadership capabilities. This is why I am now introducing a learning series that focuses on only the key and most important elements that every person should know and understand in the workplace. We are all busy, so I am keeping the learnings to the essentials in respect of your time.