Business Analysis: Master Stakeholder Profiling in 6 Steps
What you'll learn
- Successfully identify and gain access to the stakeholders you need.
- Avoid missed requirements due to overlooked stakeholders.
- Manage and optimize the resources you have.
- Eliminate wasted time in 'all-team' meetings.
- Increase stakeholder buy-in and commitment to the requirements.
- Plan requirements development activities to align with resource availability.
- Forecast when the stakeholders will be needed.
- Estimate how much time you'll need with each stakeholder.
- Overcome challenges with stakeholders who are bottlenecks, unavailable, knowledge hoarders, inexperienced, or un-cooperative.
- Raise attention to potential project risks due to the lack of resources.
- A basic understanding of a requirements development process and the necessity to involve stakeholders
- An open-mind, and a willingness to apply this proven technique on your next project
Learn how to more effectively identify, negotiate for, and engage the necessary stakeholder resources for your next project through the power of stakeholder profiling. The Stakeholder Profiling technique works well in any development environment such as agile, iterative, or waterfall, and can be leveraged at any stage of the development life cycle. While ideally used from the project start, this technique is great for projects that are already in motion since it is never too late to engage the right stakeholders.
This course is designed for those seeking to improve their ability to:
Identify and gain access to the right stakeholders.
Avoid missed requirements due to overlooked stakeholders.
Eliminate wasted time in 'all-team' meetings.
Increase stakeholder buy-in and commitment to the requirements.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
Successfully identify the stakeholders that you need.
Apply a script to conduct stakeholder interviews.
Plan requirements development activities to align with resource availability.
Estimate how much time you will need with each stakeholder.
Overcome challenges with stakeholders who are bottlenecks, unavailable, inexperienced, or simply uncooperative during your next project.
The ideal student for this course is the:
New business analyst that wants to expand on their skills for successfully engaging with stakeholders.
Experienced business analyst looking to sharpen their ability to plan and estimate stakeholder involvement in requirement activities.
Product owners and project managers seeking to better manage the engagement of stakeholder resources.
This course includes 9 modules, 31 lectures, 2 hours and 6 minutes of videos, 10 quizzes, 3 downloadable quick-reference job aids, and a complimentary PDF of ‘Chapter 2: Involve the Right Stakeholders’ from Roxanne Miller’s book The Quest for Software Requirements.
Enroll now and gain access to the stakeholders you need!
Who this course is for:
- New Business Analysts interested in learning how to identify and gain access to the right stakeholder resources
- Experienced Business Analysts looking to improve their negotiating power to gain access to stakeholder resources
- Project Mangers interested in improving their ability to better allocate stakeholder resources.
- Product Owners interested in learning how to best assign resources to initiatives
- Project Sponsors who want to manage stakeholder resources
Industry expert and the Requirements Super Freak, Roxanne Miller is a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) and an engaging, passionate requirements coach, mentor, and trainer. Roxanne's popular book, The Quest for Software Requirements, is a first-of-its-kind reference guide that helps business and IT individuals master the elicitation of hard-to-identify and vital nonfunctional requirements. A companion file, Software Requirements Questions, contains the 2000+ elicitation questions included in the book (sold separately).
Roxanne has been involved in the Information Technology (IT) industry since 1984 and founded Requirements Quest® in 2001. Roxanne is committed to bringing your business into focus®! She has been consulting on requirements process improvement and business analysis practices for over 20 years. As principal consultant and lead instructor at Requirements Quest, Roxanne has consulted, mentored, and delivered live training to over 5,000 business analysts worldwide. Roxanne earned a bachelor degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) at the University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA.