Requirements Fundamentals: Process Stages, Levels, Types
What you'll learn
- Collaborate with others to develop good requirements
- Apply a quality requirements management process to elicit, analyze, represent, validate, and manage changes to requirements
- Differentiate between business, user, functional, and nonfunctional requirements
- Ask suggested questions to better elicit requirements
- Apply sentence formats to write requirements
- Consistently apply an approach to requirement activities
- Articulate what requirements are and are not
- Master requirements industry terminology
- Keep an open mind, and be ready to learn
- Be willing to apply the requirements management process and approach on your next requirements initiative
Master requirements industry terminology and explore core tasks and activities for developing GOOD requirements. Take this course to learn about a proven requirements management process, ask questions to better elicit requirements, and apply a 12-activity approach to define business, user, and system-level requirements. The requirements management process is applicable in waterfall, iterative, and agile development environments. This course is designed for those seeking to improve their ability to:
Collaborate with others to develop good requirements.
Apply a requirements management process to elicit, analyze, represent, validate, and manage changes to requirements.
Differentiate between business, user, functional, and nonfunctional requirement types.
Consistently apply an approach to requirement activities.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
Identify tasks in a 5-stage requirements management process.
Ask suggested questions to better elicit requirements.
Apply sentence formats to write requirements.
Identify 12 activities in the Requirements Quest Approach.
Articulate what requirements are and are not.
The ideal student for this course is the:
New business analyst that wants to build a solid foundation of requirements terminology, tasks, and activities.
Experienced business analyst looking to improve consistency in their requirements approach.
Product owners, development team members, and stakeholders who seek a better understanding of requirement fundamentals.
This course includes 8 modules, 30 lectures, 3 hours and 15 minutes of videos, 29 quizzes, and 4 downloadable quick-reference job aids. Enroll now and navigate the route to good requirements with confidence!
Who this course is for:
- Entry-level business analysts who want to build a solid foundation of industry terminology, tasks, and activities
- Experience business analysts who are seeking to improve consistency in their requirements approach
- Product Owners, Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Development Team Members, and all project Stakeholders who play a role in developing good requirements
Industry expert and the Requirements Super Freak, Roxanne Miller is a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) and an engaging, passionate requirements coach, mentor, and trainer. Roxanne's popular book, The Quest for Software Requirements, is a first-of-its-kind reference guide that helps business and IT individuals master the elicitation of hard-to-identify and vital nonfunctional requirements. A companion file, Software Requirements Questions, contains the 2000+ elicitation questions included in the book (sold separately).
Roxanne has been involved in the Information Technology (IT) industry since 1984 and founded Requirements Quest® in 2001. Roxanne is committed to bringing your business into focus®! She has been consulting on requirements process improvement and business analysis practices for over 20 years. As principal consultant and lead instructor at Requirements Quest, Roxanne has consulted, mentored, and delivered live training to over 5,000 business analysts worldwide. Roxanne earned a bachelor degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) at the University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA.