Plan the Project as a Business Analyst
What you'll learn
- Gain the ability to identify, analyze, manage, and involve stakeholders based on their needs and the needs of the project
- Learn how to create a Project Charter and facilitate an official project kickoff
- Learn how to create a requirements management plan by defining the level of detail, storage and access, traceability, reuse, the project change control process
- Understand how to break down the large project into workable activities
- Learn various estimation techniques to estimate the effort to complete the project
- Gain the ability to create both an adaptive (agile) or predictive (waterfall) project schedule
- Understand how to complete a Quality Plan that outlines expectations for testing and quality assurance, managing defects, and training
- Learn how to conduct release planning for both adaptive (agile) and predictive (waterfall) projects
- Gain the ability to identify and set performance measure for both the project and for business analysis
- No Business Analysis experience necessary, but it is recommended (not required) that you have taken the first two courses in the Business Analysis Process Series, "Identify and Define the Problem" and "Conduct a Strategy Analysis"
OVER 40% OF PROJECTS FAIL BECAUSE OF A LACK OF PLANNING - BECOME ONE OF THE FEW BUSINESS ANALYSTS THAT ARE TRAINED IN USING PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES AND SEE MORE PROJECTS THROUGH TO SUCCESS
The top-cited reason by organizations for not planning a project is not understanding how to plan.
And since many organizations don’t have the resources to put a Business Analyst and a Project Manager on the same projects, they often expect the BA to take on the responsibilities of both.
Leaving you in charge of the planning.
And since the majority of Business Analysts aren’t trained in the role of project management – you’re often stuck in an embarrassing and stressful situation.
This course will teach you how to use project management techniques to put together a robust step-by-step project plan that’ll not only help ensure a project’s success but also save your organization time and money…
As well as keep you one step ahead of your competition while you do it.
Course enrollment grants you lifetime access, with no expiration, to all the course lectures, activities, handouts, and quizzes. In addition, you’ll also receive 1-on-1 support for any questions or uncertainties that come up. And this all comes with a money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
Looking to get ECBA certified? - This course qualifies for 5.5 hours of Professional Development
Why do organizations tend to still execute projects without a plan?
The common reasons given are:
1. We don’t have time to plan
2. Plans only cause constraints and restrict our team
3. Things change too much to plan for them
And while these seem like legitimate reasons, they aren’t!
Taking steps upfront to plan the project will actually:
1. Help you understand and prioritize project activities – allowing you to manage your time and resources effectively
2. Provide direction to team members about their roles and responsibilities – so they can focus on doing their jobs as well as possible, and not waste time struggling to understand what’s required of them
3. Allow you to predict changes and possibilities – leaving you in a position to respond to stumbling blocks effectively and spend less time fighting fires
Let’s hear what our students have to say:
“The course is great for both new and experienced Business Analysts who want to streamline and finish their learning mode. It takes you step by step of the whole project planning phase. […] The course is perfect, it really teach you a lot, I know it because I have taken full business analysis courses online and offline from a couple of instructors and no one is better.” – Talai
“Course continues to exceed my expectation. Jeremy presents the information in an easy to understand. I recommend his courses to all that have an interest in Business Analysis or Project Management.” - James
“Jeremy's in-depth knowledge on the role of business analysis is quite transparent and shines through. Breaking down that role and clearly explaining the requirements and how to measure the KPI to be successful as a business analysis is quite informative. Thank you Jeremy.” - Saul
By this point, you’re probably sold on the virtues of planning…
But perhaps you’re intimidated by the idea of learning how to be able to plan any variety of projects – and indeed what aspects of a project you should be planning.
If so, don’t panic.
This course will take you through my 5-Step Project Planning Process. This process will act as a framework for you to use for all your future projects.
The BA Guide’s 5 Step Process to Plan a Project
Initiate the Project Plan - Learn how to identify and engage with stakeholders, create a Project Charter, and conduct an official kick-off meeting
Create a Requirements Management Plan - Learn how to define the different aspects of the requirements including the level of detail, storage, access, traceability, reuse, and more, to give you an overview of what needs to be done.
Define the Project Plan Details - Learn how to break down the project, estimate the effort, and put together a project schedule that ensures the project is delivered on time.
Conduct Stakeholder Analysis & Engagement - Learn how to utilize various techniques to assign roles, responsibilities, and define a communication plan, so you can stay in control.
Set Performance Measures - Learn to identify key performance indicators to later validate success and learn from areas of opportunity.
Within each step, you’ll learn the techniques, tools, and skills through the use of practical, real-world examples – meaning you won’t just understand the 5 steps, but you’ll also know how to apply them when the opportunity arises.
What is included in the course?
- Over 5 hours of high-quality video lectures that break down all the concepts covered into an easy to understand, step-by-step format.
- A 35-page Student Workbook that will enhance your learning and your information retention from the course, as well as giving you reference material after you’ve completed the course.
- 13 Business Analysis Templates so you have all the tools you need to immediately start putting together a project plan.
In addition to all the tools you’ll need to start planning the project, you’ll also get a foot into the field by way of an industry expert…
I’m not just the instructor who wrote this course, I will also act as both a resource and a mentor to guide you to a long and rewarding career in Business Analysis!
Still not sure? Hear what others had to say
“The course is very practical and very helpful. Planning, communication and collaboration can save every project. I like much components breakdown of the project. And […] users stories and Agile approach were quite new for me, but Jeremy explained them very well.” – Yury
“I've been working my way through The BA Guide (Jeremy Aschenbrenner) series, and this is #5 for me. These courses are so dependably excellent. Jeremy is deeply knowledgeable & experienced as a BA, and his presentation skills are superb. He also provides templates that alone are worth the price of the course. I can't recommend this series enough.” – Liz
“Jeremy did a great job in explaining the process for Plan the Project course. He enumerated the expectations for each of the sections and provided tips on how to achieve it.” - Gerry
Still not convinced?
And if you’re still not sure – here’s my promise to you:
This course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee! That means, if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase, I’ll give you a full refund – no questions asked!
Whether you are an aspiring or a seasoned Business Analyst, this course is a must.
This course is the third course of the Business Analysis Process Series:
Identify the Problem
Conduct a Strategy Analysis
=> Plan the Project <=
Understand and Elicit Requirements
Analyze, Model, and Organize Requirements
Manage, Prioritize, and Validate Requirements
Transition to the Solution
Complete a Solution Evaluation
Whilst taking the previous courses isn’t a requirement, I do recommend it as it will help your understanding of the material covered as we will be building on skills and techniques taught in the previous course lectures.
By the end of this course, you’ll have learned how to effectively plan a project and become an incredibly valuable Business Analyst who doesn't require a Project Manager to be successful.
So, if you’re ready to save your organization time and money and ensure the project you’re in charge of doesn’t become one of the 40% that fails due to poor planning, enroll today.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring or current Business Analysts
- Aspiring or current Project Managers
- Business professionals who are involved in projects and want to understand how to better assist within them
- Business professionals who are tasked with planning or running company projects
Come learn with more than 455,000 students from around the world!
Hello! My name is Jeremy Aschenbrenner, but many know me better as The BA Guide, and I'm happy you are here.
I’m a veteran Business Analyst with thousands of projects completed throughout my career. I've managed business analysis projects for companies in diverse industries including health care, telecom, automotive, transportation, consumer packaged goods, car rental agency, food and beverage, financial services, consulting, and more.
Through personal experience, I quickly learned that business analysis can be confusing and even intimidating. There’s endless business jargon, technical terms, techniques, and methodologies to learn, and countless visual diagrams, artifacts, elicitation sessions, interfaces, and KPIs to wrap your head around. I’ve been there and learned all of that. Many years ago, I also learned a valuable lesson about myself: I really enjoy teaching others. This was the inspiration for The BA Guide.
Here is where I come in and offer guidance.
I take that broad world of business analysis and build a structure and processes within it. I then break down those individual segments until they are easy to understand by using real-life examples and scenarios to make them relatable. Finally, to help solidify and reinforce your knowledge and understanding of these key concepts and processes, I follow up with activities and quizzes.
Whether you’re an aspiring or current Business Analyst, The BA Guide courses are created with you, the learner, in mind. By design, the courses I’ve created are optimized for flexible learning in video format so you can learn at your own pace, when it’s convenient for you.
If your goal is to explore the world of business analysis or upskill and advance your career, whether that be as a Business Analyst, an Agile Analyst, a Process Analyst, a Product Owner, an AMAZING Administrator, or anything in-between, I'd love to help.
Feel free to post on the course Q&A board, message me on Udemy, or connect with me on social media. I look forward to helping you reach your personal and professional goals.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right." - Henry Ford