Business Analysis: Fundamentals of Use Case Modelling
What you'll learn
- Understand benefits of Use Cases as compared to conventional ways to define Systems Requirements
- Understand essence of Use Case Modelling and create Use Case Diagrams
- Write detailed Use Case Descriptions and Scenarios
- Use steps involved in writing Use Cases
- Prior experience or knowledge in requirements analysis would be useful
Fundamentals of Use Case Modelling course is an intermediate level course and hence suitable for fresh as well as experienced Business Analysts.
This course uses an integrated case-study based approach.
Acquire skills for Use Case Modelling
Learn to write detailed Use Case Descriptions and Scenarios
Talk confidently about Use Case Modelling in your business analyst interviews
Attempt quizzes to check your understanding and reinforce learning
Download a Use Case template and a sample Use Case for personal or commercial use
Key concepts and terms of Requirements Analysis
Purpose of Use Cases, and components of Use Case Diagrams such as Actors, Use Cases and the associations between them
Write detailed Use Case Descriptions
Identify Actors and Use Cases
Steps involved in incrementally writing Use Cases
Write Scenarios to analyse various ways in which a Use Case can be performed
The whole course will take less than 2 hours to complete.
Fundamentals of Use Case Modelling course is prerequisite to learn Advanced Concepts in Use Case Modelling which can further help you to write detailed Use Case Descriptions using the Include, Extend and Generalisation Relationships and to identify and mitigate security threats to the system by identifying Misuse Cases and Security Use Cases.
Both Fundamentals of Use Case Modelling as well as Advanced concepts in Use Case Modelling course use the original way of writing Use Case descriptions.
Who this course is for:
- Novice to intermediate Business Analysts
- Professionals from development, testing, quality, sales support, project management and end-users aspiring to play the role of Business Analyst
- Professionals with business or domain experience who want to change career into business analysis
Trividh Patel has over 20 years of experience in Business Analysis and Consulting.
He has worked for leading IT Services companies such as Capgemini Consulting, Wipro Technologies, Syntel Inc. etc as Business Architect, Lead/ Sr. Business Analyst, and as IT Project Manager. He has executed several business analysis projects for reputed organisations from USA, UK, Europe, Middle East, Japan and India. He has good track record of leading team of Business Analysts to deliver business analysis projects.
Trividh Patel has done MBA in Systems and Bachelor of Engineering from University of Mumbai (India) and is Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada since March 2012. Trividh is also Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB).