Business Analysis: Fundamentals of Requirements Elicitation
What you'll learn
- Learn about steps in elicitation and challenges encountered in elicitation
- Learn to elicit requirements using various techniques such as interviews, document analysis, observation and prototyping
- Learn to elicit requirements using a case study that is composed of three animated mock interviews and validate the same with a prototype
- Learn about importance of understanding the underlying business needs for initiating business analysis work
- Although not necessary, any prior knowledge of business analysis concepts and terms would be useful
Fundamentals of Requirements Elicitation course is a beginner level course and hence suitable to those who want to become a Business Analysts.
This course uses an integrated case-study based approach.
Experience requirements elicitation using 3 animated mock interviews
Acquire skills to elicit requirements using multiple elicitation techniques
Talk confidently about requirements elicitation in your business analyst interviews
Attempt quiz to check your understanding and reinforce learning
Download templates with documented samples
Introduction to Key Concepts
Understanding the Business Need
Introduction to Elicitation
Case Study: Eliciting Requirements
Part 1: Eliciting Business Needs
Part 2: Eliciting Stakeholder Needs
Part 3: Eliciting Detailed (Solution) Requirements
In this course, you will learn about importance of understanding the underlying business needs for initiating business analysis work including requirements elicitation.
In introduction to elicitation, you will learn what we mean by elicitation and how elicitation is different from requirements gathering. You will learn about general steps in elicitation and challenges encountered in elicitation.
This course includes lectures (with examples wherever possible) to help you learn concepts of requirements elicitation. You will learn how to elicit requirements using a case study that is composed of three animated mock interviews. Later, you will be given example of a prototype that is developed based on the requirements that were elicited using mock interviews. Please note that case study does not include examples on document analysis and observation techniques.
The whole course will take less than 2 hours to complete.
You will be able to attempt quiz at the end of each session to check your understanding and reinforce learning. You will be able to download templates (with documented samples) that can be used to plan interviews and confirm requirements elicited using interviews. You will also be able to download a template to perform Document Analysis and PDF document of prototype screenshots.
Who this course is for:
- Students and New graduates who are learning and developing business analysis skills
- Professionals with business or domain experience who want to change career into business analysis
- Professionals from development, testing, quality, sales support, project management and end-users aspiring to play the role of Business Analyst
Trividh Patel has over 20 years of experience in Business Analysis and Consulting.
He has worked for leading IT Services companies such as Capgemini Consulting, Wipro Technologies, Syntel Inc. etc as Business Architect, Lead/ Sr. Business Analyst, and as IT Project Manager. He has executed several business analysis projects for reputed organisations from USA, UK, Europe, Middle East, Japan and India. He has good track record of leading team of Business Analysts to deliver business analysis projects.
Trividh Patel has done MBA in Systems and Bachelor of Engineering from University of Mumbai (India) and is Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada since March 2012. Trividh is also Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB).