Business Analysis and Solution Evaluation (IIBA - ECBA)
What you'll learn
- recognize characteristics of the Solution Evaluation knowledge area
- recognize how business analysis core concepts are applied during solution evaluation
- demonstrate your understanding of solution evaluation
- recognize types of activities involved in the Measure Solution Performance task
- identify key techniques used to measure solution performance
- recognize activities carried out when analyzing performance measures
- recognize the roles of stakeholders in analyzing performance measures
- recognize what's involved in measuring and analyzing the performance of a solution
- recognize types of activities involved in assessing solution limitations
- recognize the role of stakeholders in assessing solution limitations
- match types of enterprise limitation analyses with corresponding descriptions
- identify key techniques and stakeholders involved in assessing enterprise limitations
- recognize what's involved in assessing limitations within a solution or enterprise that inhibit value realization
- identify actions you could take to increase the value of a solution
- recognize guidelines and techniques used when recommending actions to increase the value of a solution
- recognize what's involved in recommending actions to increase the value of a solution
- No special requirements or prerequisites, but general knowledge about business would facilitate learning.
The Business Analysis and Solution Evaluation course is part of the Business Analysis Certification Program and is aligned with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge Guide (BABOK3).
In this course, we will look at all the tasks that make up the final knowledge area – Solution Evaluation.
It involves measuring and analysing solution performance as well as identifying limitations within the solution and the enterprise that may be keeping the solution from reaching its full value potential.
The final task is to recommend actions to remove the limitations and thereby increase the value of the solution.
1. Overview of Solution Evaluation
2. Solution Evaluation and the BACCM TM
3. Exercise: Understanding Solution Evaluation
Measure and Analyze Solution Performance
1. Measure Solution Performance: Inputs and Elements
2. Measure Solution Performance: Guidelines and Techniques
3. Analyze Performance Measures: Inputs and Elements
4. Analyze Performance Measures: Stakeholders
5. Exercise: Assessing Solution Performance
Assess Solution and Enterprise Limitations
1. Solution Limitations: Elements and Guidelines
2. Solution Limitations: Techniques and Stakeholders
3. Enterprise Limitations: Inputs and Elements
4. Enterprise Limitations: Techniques and Stakeholders
5. Exercise: Assessing Limitations
Increasing Solution Value
1. Recommend Actions: Elements
2. Recommend Actions: Guidelines and Techniques
3. Exercise: Increasing Solution Value
You can use this course to improve your business analysis knowledge and abilities and to obtain the certifications provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis. That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviors as practicing business analysis professionals.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.