Business Analysis and Requirements Life Cycle Management
What you'll learn
- Describe the requirements life cycle
- Recognise how business analysis core concepts are applied while managing requirements
- Demonstrate your understanding of principles related to requirements life cycle management
- Describe the concept of traceability
- Recognise issues around tracing requirements that a business analyst must consider
- Recognise the guidelines and techniques used during the Trace Requirements task
- Recognise the role of stakeholders with respect to tracing requirements and designs
- Understand what's involved in developing requirements traceability documentation
- Use guidelines for maintaining requirements
- Recognise how techniques are used to maintain requirements
- Recognise issues around the prioritization of requirements
- Use tools and techniques used when prioritizing requirements
- Understand the role of stakeholders with respect to prioritizing requirements and designs
- Recognise what's involved in maintaining and prioritizing requirements and designs
- Understand relevant considerations a business analyst must make when assessing changes to requirements
- Use guidelines and techniques used when assessing changes to requirements
- Identify the outputs of the Assess Requirements Changes task
- Recognise a business analyst's responsibilities related to the approval of requirements
- Understand how requirements are reviewed and approved
- Recognise what's involved in assessing and approving requirements
- No special requirements or prerequisites, but general knowledge about business would facilitate learning.
The Business Analysis and Requirements Life Cycle Management ourse is aligned with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge Guide (BABOK3), and in this course we're going to begin looking at the business analysis knowledge area Requirements Life Cycle Management.
Requirements are the foundation of all your business analysis activities. If the objective of a project is to deliver solutions that best meet requirements, then you'd best keep a close eye on those requirements and the designs that address them.
So let's look at what your role is in tracing and maintaining requirements and designs.
Introduction to Requirements Life Cycle
1. Requirements Life Cycle Management
2. Requirements Management and the BACCM TM
3. Exercise: Understanding Requirements Management
1. Requirements and Traceability
2. Trace Requirements: Inputs and Elements
3. Trace Requirements: Guidelines and Techniques
4. Trace Requirements: Stakeholders and Outputs
5. Exercise: Trace Requirements
Maintain and Prioritize Requirements
1. Maintain Requirements: Elements and Guidelines
2. Maintain Requirements: Techniques and Stakeholders
3. Prioritize Requirements: Inputs and Elements
4. Prioritize Requirements: Guidelines and Techniques
5. Prioritize Requirements: Stakeholders and Outputs
6. Exercise: Maintain and Prioritize Requirements
Assess Changes and Approve Requirements
1. Assess Requirements Changes: Inputs and Elements
2. Assess Requirements Changes: Guidelines and Techniques
3. Assess Requirements Changes: Stakeholders and Outputs
4. Approve Requirements: Inputs and Elements
5. Approve Requirements: Guidelines and Techniques
6. Exercise: Assess and Approve Requirements
You can use this course to improve your business analysis knowledge and abilities and to obtain the certifications provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis.
This course is part of the Business Analysis Certification Program which includes 14 courses. That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviors as practicing business analysis professionals.
Sorin Dumitrascu here! I'm a certified trainer, project manager, and public manager with over 15 years of experience in managing, consulting and designing and delivering online training courses.
I have a Masters degree in International Relations and Policy Making, a Bachelor degree in Public Administration and a professional degree of Public Manager.
I'm specialised in business management, HR management, career development, project management, operations management and business analysis certification and career development courses.
I teach what I practice. I currently work, as a consultant and instructor, in various projects of United Nations, European Union, national and international NGOs and private companies - providing expertise in general management, industrial relations, prisons and corrections and adult education.
Whether you're looking to upskill or simply need guidance, I'm here to help you reach your goals!
#Training #Certified #PublicManager #BusinessManagement #HRManagement #ProjectManagement #OperationsManagement #BusinessAnalysis