Bulletin 137 - Louisiana's ELC Licensing Regulations - 1
- Students will need a copy of Bulletin 137 – Louisiana Early Learning Center Licensing Regulations.
Overview of Bulletin 137 Louisiana’s Early Learning Center Licensing Regulations Course 1 – Chapters 1 – 9 is the first course in a four-part series of courses designed for all administrators, directors, director designees, teachers, and other support staff that own, operate and/or work in a licensed early learning center. This course covers five chapters of Bulletin 137:
· Chapter 1 – General Provisions
· Chapter 3 – Licensure
· Chapter 5 – Ownership of Early learning Centers
· Chapter 7 – Licensing Process and Procedures
· Chapter 9 – Changes Requiring a New License
There is a pre-test and a post-test as well as quizzes throughout the course so that students can confirm what they currently know, dig deeper into the regulations and determine what they have learned. After completing this course, students will earn one training hour.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for all administrators, directors, director designees, teachers, and other support staff that own, operate and/or work in a licensed early learning center.
- 02:41Course 1 Introduction and Pre-Test
- 12 questionsCourse 1 - Pre-Test
- 04:09Chapter 1 - General Provisions
- 05:03Chapter 1 - General Provisions Quiz
- 07:57Chapter 3 - Licensure
- 03:14Chapter 5 - Licensure Quiz
- 02:52Chapter 5 - Ownership of Early Learning Centers
- 01:31Chapter 5 - Ownership of Early Learning Centers Quiz
- 06:52Chapter 7 - Licensing Process and Procedures
- 03:34Chapter 7 - Licensing Process and Procedures Quiz
- 03:33Chapter 9 – Changes Requiring a New License
- 03:03Chapter 9 – Changes Requiring a New License Quiz
- 00:48Summary and Next Steps
- 12 questionsCourse 1 - Post-Test
- 00:25Bonus Lecture
Andrea Burl has 11 years of experience in the social services field with more than 7 years in the early childhood. During her time in the early childhood field, she has served as a Licensing Specialist and Licensing Consultant for child care licensing and Internal Operations Senior Manager. She currently serves as the Program Manager over the field staff of the Division of Licensing at the Louisiana Department of Education where she ensures licensed child care centers receive licenses and In-Home and Family Day Home are registered to provide care. Andrea provides ongoing professional training to the child care licensing staff to ensure consistency in employee performance. She also provides training to child care providers, to aid in their professional development. She has presented on early childhood topics at several local and state conferences.