Building Your Twitch Channel For Small-Mid Sized Streamers
What you'll learn
- Discover how you can break into the Twitch streaming space
- Understand the best practices on how you can brand yourself
- The importance of fan engagement on stream and social media
- How to properly address toxic people and bullies in the gaming industry
- Discover how to choose and utilize moderators
- How to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Familiarity with Twitch and other live streaming platforms
- Live streaming software such as OBS or XSplit
- Twitch account
If you are a gamer with a Twitch account and looking for some creative and new ways to build your brand, grow your stream and become a more well-known streamer in the space - then you should take a dio
This course focuses on how you can break into the gaming scene as a streamer, how you can leverage the talents that you already have to build a recognizable brand, how to best engage with your audience and fans - regardless the size of your stream, and much more.
Throughout this course, we will be covering topics that are useful and necessary for streamers of all levels. Each section will contain lectures associated with the topic being covered.
About the Instructor
Hi my name is Bree, and I am a broadcaster on twitch known as Caliverse. I have had a passion for gaming ever since the Sega Genesis Nomad; playing Sonic, Mortal Kombat with my dad, and Joust. Free internet points to anyone that knows what Joust is. My passion grew throughout my childhood, hoping from console to console, until I landed on X-Box 360 playing Halo 2. I joined a clan that encouraged community values, and my passion for gaming and people reached a new height. This is when I found out about youtube and started making gaming content to share with others. A couple of years later, a friend introduced twitch to me, where I streamed casually for a period of time.
Eventually, I realized how much of a positive impact the streaming community was having on me and my passion, and that was when I moved to full time streaming. I have been a partnered streamer now for 2 years, and the relationships I have made with both the viewers and other creators in the community have kept me motivated through the good and the bad. Knowing that there was potentially somebody counting on me to stream and keep them company has helped me to push through some difficult days.
Full disclosure, It’s not always easy being a full time streamer; You give up a lot of your social life and you can spend long hours developing your brand and your community, but with time you will find a healthy balance that works for you. I have personally overcome a lot of obstacles throughout my time streaming, and I plan to share with you the experience I have gained from this journey. It can be a difficult road to get started, but it is very rewarding.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has the desire to stream on Twitch
- Casual gamers who want to broadcast their personalities or game play to a broader audience
- Twitch streamers who want to understand the best ways to promote and brand themselves on Twitch
- Gamers that are beginners to live streaming on Twitch
- Gamers that are interested on growing a community on Twitch
We’re a community of creators dedicated to designing a roadmap to success for gamers, streamers, and competitors. We only work with the best at their craft to share their knowledge and insights on gaming success into video courses.
If you are looking to build your brand, make content creation your full time job, or find the best ways to break into the eSports and gaming space, these courses will serve as your steps in accomplishing those goals.
Welcome to the Dojo