Building Your Platform
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- To introduce students to platform thinking.
- To define a contemporary platform.
- To describe the benefits of platform thinking.
- To cull lessons from Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google.
- To provide specific steps that organizations and people can take to create or augment their own platform.
Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google (aka, The Gang of Four) are perhaps the four most successful companies around right now—and for good reason. Each company has embraced platform strategies, built different planks, expanded their businesses in new and interesting directions, and grown powerful ecosystems.
In this course based off of his highly acclaimed book The Age of the Platform, award-winning author and recognized technology expert Phil Simon distills the essence of platforms—and what has made these companies so successful. What's more, he provides inside advice for businesses of all sizes and types. Yes, they can learn from The Gang of Four.
- Businesspeople of all levels and for all types of organizations.