Building web APIs with Symfony
What you'll learn
- Building Rest APIs with Symfony and PHP
- Managing database entities with Doctrine
- User authentication and management with different access levels
- Using Redis as a cache backend and session storage
- Providing up to date API docs generated from Controllers and OpenApi attributes
- Writing Symfony commands that complement your API
- PHP 8 knowledge (classes traits attributes etc)
- Familiarity with docker and docker-compose for local dev
PHP is the preferred server-side programming language for over three-quarters of global sites. PHP powers a whopping 77.6 percent of all the websites monitored by W3Techs.
Symfony is a full-featured modularized PHP framework which is used for building all kinds of applications, from traditional web applications to the small Microservice components.
Symfony aims to speed up the creation and maintenance of web applications and to replace repetitive coding tasks. It's also aimed at building robust applications in an enterprise context, and aims to give developers full control over the configuration: from the directory structure to the foreign libraries, almost everything can be customized.
You are a web developer who is evaluating the next framework to build your REST API with. The arrival of PHP 8 with attributes has you thinking of Doctrine annotations and you want to give it a go.
Well, look no further! This course is the only thing you need to not only explore Symfony 6 development but also to teach you some of the best practices when it comes to API development.
We will build Rest APIs with
- Authentication built-in (users and passwords)
- Access management with roles
- CLI commands
- Automated API testing
- Auto-generated API docs from the source code
Who this course is for:
- Web developers evaluating Symfony for their next API
- Symfony developers interested in best practices when building a REST API
Software engineer with more than 10 years of experience in developing and architecting web applications.
Experienced with languages including PHP, JS, Python, Go. Also extensive experience with databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL but also with NoSQL solutions like Elasticsearch and Redis.
Lately in love with Rust, its evolving web ecosystem and awesome community.