Building Video Confidence
What you'll learn
- Gain the confidence to speak on camera.
- Learn how to make video content quickly and easily using just your phone.
- Follow a step-by-step exercise based system to build your video confidence.
- Begin to discover and refine your on-camera persona.
- Be empowered to start creating video content!
- A smartphone or other video recording device.
- Enthusiasm to start creating video content!
Learn to speak confidently on video with this step-by-step, exercise oriented course.
By following along and doing the assignments, you'll start to feel comfortable speaking to a camera and producing video content.
Using just your smartphone, you will create a series of practice videos, starting off-camera (only narrating with your voice) and slowly transitioning to an on-camera presence.
This course is designed to get you ready to create "talking head" videos, in which you speak directly to the camera. It helps you to embrace the imperfections while letting your personality and humanity shine through. I "walk my talk" in these videos, uploading each lecture uncut so you can see that it doesn't take a perfect delivery to convey your message.
With a focus on being practical more than merely delivering information, this course is designed to get you into action! Video confidence, like any skill, is developed through repetition, trial and error, and focused practice. The good news is, you've been talking all your life — so it's just a matter of learning how to transfer that skill you've already developed into a new medium.
If you have a story to share, want to create video courses, or start making videos to promote your brand, but feel too nervous or overwhelmed to get behind a camera, this course will help you to get past those blocks and begin that journey!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with a message or brand to share.
- Aspiring social media personalities.
- Content creators.
- Instructors and trainers who want to teach through video.
Shams Nelson has been creating instructional drawing and worldbuilding videos on YouTube for years, gaining over 17,000 subscribers on his main channel Pen & Blade. Passionate about learning, he loves to distill knowledge and processes down to their foundations and figure out simple and fun ways of teaching them. When things are taught in an inviting, step-by-step fashion, it's amazing how easy it is to start building proficiency in any skill!