Seven effective ways to maximise Team Performance
What you'll learn
- Distinguish a team from a group
- Identify the key characteristics of a high-performing team
- Create a positive working culture
- Understand and create a high positivity ratio
- Focus on working with people’s strengths to achieve high performance
- Give quality feedback to enhance performance
- Create opportunities to share success stories and understand why that is important to developing high performance
- Keep the team experience lively and interesting
- Create shared future aspirations to pull the team forward together
- Address underperformance
- Apply seven principles to achieve team performance.
- A team leadership position will help make this course more relevant
- Some basic experience in being a team leader will offer a grounding in team leadership onto which this course learning can be added
- An interest in the psychology of teams and team development will help
If you want to learn about enhancing your team’s performance, then this is the course for you. This course will help team leaders get the best from their team by creating a great working atmosphere, celebrating and learning from success, nipping underperformance in the bud early on, working with people’s strengths and creating common aspirations for the future.
The course involves watching video drama and lectures and also includes:
- Learner notes and exercises for each section to enhance and consolidate learning
- A short quiz at the end to check learning
- Downloadable resources and web link
- Video populated with written captions to emphasise key learning points.
By studying this course, you will learn:
- How to distinguish a team from a group
- About the key characteristics of high-performing teams
- The importance of creating a positive working culture
- The importance of creating a high positivity ratio in your team
- The benefits of focusing on working with people’s strengths to achieve high performance
- How to give quality feedback to enhance performance
- How to create opportunities to share success stories and understand why that is important to developing high performance
- How to keep the team experience lively and interesting
- How to create shared future aspirations to pull the team forward together
- Why it is important to address underperformance, and how to do that
- Seven principles to achieve team performance.
Learning how to get the best from a diverse group of people who need to work together to achieve their goals can be challenging. Team leadership is often a first step on a leadership career. Learn to lead well now and it will be a building block for your career progression. Teams are notorious for failing to deliver to their potential. Don’t let your team be one of them.
Team Leadership is a complex, judgemental, psychological task. I am a chartered organisational psychologist with over 25 years' experience working with leaders to build teams and improve team performance. I know the theory and have experienced the practice. I have selected the best of both to speed your learning journey in this complex area. By the end of this course, you will be better equipped to create a high-performing team.
Who this course is for:
- This course is relevant for team leaders who wish to improve their team’s performance
- This course is relevant for experienced team leaders who want to expand their repertoire of team-building processes and approaches
- For team leaders who wish to learn about the psychology of teams
- For team leaders who want to go beyond a ‘common task’ understanding of team performance
- For team leaders interested in the relevance of positive psychology research and findings to team performance
- For team leaders wanting to understand and work with people’s unique strengths
- This course is not for very inexperienced team leaders who need to learn about basic ‘nuts and bolts’ team leader tasks such as delegation or individual performance management.
At Skill Boosters we work with leading subject matter experts to design, develop and deliver effective video based training for the workplace. We are passionate about delivering impactful training which helps to build productive, tolerant and inclusive individuals, teams and workplaces and which improves lives and life chances.
Our courses combine video drama, expert analysis, documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that engages, informs and inspires our learners.
Skill Boosters courses and resources are trusted by many of the world's leading organisations to develop and improve the skills and behaviours of their people.
Initially a social worker, Sarah built her expertise in helping people change their ways of thinking and behaviour by working in child protection. Since then she has worked for nearly 30 years with organizations from production and service sectors as well as with higher education, not-for-profit and local and central government across Europe and further afield. A chartered organisational psychologist, Sarah is an experienced facilitator with special expertise in creating individually designed large or whole system interventions based on Positive Psychology, Appreciative Inquiry, Open Space and other key collaborative transformation methodologies. She works in the areas of team development, whole system change and organisational development. She helps organizations to address their issues, meet their challenges and achieve their desires in areas of organisational life such as performance, change, strategy, relationships, morale, engagement and motivation, working together, process improvement, leadership, co-ordination, and effectiveness. She is often asked to help when things are ‘stuck’ or dysfunctional at a team, organisational or individual level, yet is equally able to help make good better.
She is the author ‘Positive Psychology at Work’, Positive Psychology in Business', 'Co-creating planning teams for dialogic Organisational Development and ‘Positive Psychology and Change’. She is also lead author of ‘Appreciative Inquiry for Change Management’. She is a recognised expert in these areas and speaks regularly at National and International Conferences. She currently teaches at a post graduate level in the UK in Cambridge on a Masters in Applied Positive Psychology.