Building Structures in French - Structure 1 | French Grammar
What you'll learn
- Learn about the first structure in the French language.
- Get to grips with how easy it is to manipulate this structure and say what you want with it.
- Get plenty of opportunity to practise using this structure.
- Learn how to form questions and statements in structure 1.
- Learn all the question words in French and some infinitives.
- Complete lessons in 3 minute chunks – perfect for the busy learner.
- Build your own sentences without memorisation.
- Speak from the very first lesson.
- Ideally, you should be a little familiar already with the French language, but if you're not, panic not! Everything in this course is fully explained, so you won't get lost.
The whole of the French language can be broken down into several different structures. If you take any sentence from any French book or any utterance, you will see that it fits into one of these structures.
I remember one weekend, I was writing some lessons for the week ahead, when I suddenly realised this. I noticed that there are a certain number of structures in French, and that every sentence follows one of these structures. I spent the rest of the weekend working out all the structures, and I wrote them all down.
Every structure you learn gives you the ability to say a huge amount. Some structures are used more than others, but all the structures together make up the whole French language. Once you’ve learnt how a structure works, all you have to do is insert different words into the slots and you have a sentence.
This course introduces you to structure 1. I’ve limited each course to one structure so as not to overburden you. By looking at just one structure at a time, you can really get to grips with it and understand its usage. It will help to clarify the French language and make it more like a reflex rather than something you have to think about as is it were a maths equation.
Each structure can also help to propel you to fluency; if you can manipulate the structures at high speed, you can start to say anything you want without having to thing about how to say it.
This course contains plenty of practice opportunities for you to revise what you’ve learnt and it also contains some hints and tips on how best to learn and memorise the structures and the vocabulary that goes with them. You’ll learn how to make questions out of structure 1, how to make statements and how to turn positive statements negative.
The Building Structures in French series is set out using the same learning techniques as the 3 Minute French courses. You can work through the course in three minute chunks, enabling anybody to learn French, no matter how little time you have.
Who this course is for:
- You want to explore the French language a little more deeply.
- You are interested in starting to learn about the structure of the French language and how to manipulate it.
- You enjoy the 3 minute methodology used in other 3 Minute French courses.
Hello, bonjour, hola, hallo, ciao and olá!
I’m Kieran and I’m a language tutor based in the UK, and I also create online courses and write books to make language learning accessible to all.
My books and online courses are based on the method I developed for teaching languages, which I've been using in all my classes for many years. The method will get you speaking quickly, without the struggle normally associated with language learning.
I have created three series of language courses available in French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. They're called: '3 Minute Languages', 'Building Structures' and 'Quick Guides'.
I hope you enjoy, and "Happy Learning" :-)