Building Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
What you'll learn
- In this course we will develop a tabluar and a diagram report from scratch. We will be using grouping, attach parameter to datasets, include sorting, set a print layout and apply some expressions.
- Additionally you get some advanced tips and tricks.
- In the last chapter we cover the report server and how to deploy our reports.
- To get started, we install the development environment together wth the Visual Studio and the Data Tools. Additionally we need a SQL Server and a Report Server.
- At some points we will develop strategies to overcome some limitations of Reporting Services. Mainly we will create a work around for limited sorting functionalities.
- A very basic understandig of SQL would be good to understand the datasets used and the WHERE clauses.
- Interest to learn reports designed for printability.
This course demonstrates the development of reports with the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). The Lessons are building up on each other. They show the complete workflow. Beginning at the definition of datasources, over the report development until the deployment to a Report Server.
Additionally some best practices and work around for advanced topics are demonstrated.
The final project file is attached for reference.
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted to people new to Reporting Services insteresting in learning the tool from scratch. But the advanced topics can be interesting for more advanced users.
- Coming from other reporting tools, you could become familiar with reporting services very fast.