Building & Managing High-Performing Teams
What you'll learn
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the 7 conditions that are required to build a high-performing team
- You will develop an actionable plan to turbo-charge your team's performance based on your detailed review of your team's performance against the 7 conditions for building and sustaining a successful team
- You will be able to improve your team's collaboration by helping your team members better bridge & leverage cultural and personality differences
- No requirements! Just a willingness to do some work, because you cannot strengthen & develop your leadership by just watching the class videos. The real learning is in completing the accompanying exercises which are build into this class. So you have to be willing and able to take some time to complete those exercises.
- You do not require previous knowledge on this topic - I will take you step by step through the different concepts presented in this course
- Printable worksheets are provided for each exercise, but you can also just view those on screen to guide you through the exercises and then write your answers in a note book or on a piece of paper.
- At the end of the curriculum you'll find a downloadable copy of the class syllabus, which contains a full transcript of the class.
As a leader, we achieve our organizational goals through the work of our people. But that is easier said than done. To achieve your vision, your people will have to work together, which involves a great number of challenges.
Irrespective of your people’s individual expertise, motivation, and emotional intelligence, the sum of their parts is usually smaller than the whole, unless you as the leader have carefully created the required conditions for them to work effectively together.
That is the topic of this class: We will together explore what the 7 conditions are that you as a leader need to create to help your people to come together as a team and enable them to work together successfully.
Building and sustaining a successful team is like making a soufflé: it requires careful attention to many details – omit one and your soufflé will fail.
Similarly, the 7 aspects of successful team management, which we will discuss in this class are not a list from which to choose some and ignore others. They are interdependent. Together these 7 conditions provide the framework for your team to succeed. Omit one of them and your team may not outright fail, but will likely trip or falter at some point.
We have broken these 7 conditions for building and sustaining a successful team into 2 parts. The first 3 conditions show you how to enable a group to become a team. The next 4 conditions focus on what you need to do to enable a team to operate successfully.
Who this course is for:
- This is a course for managers and leaders who want to learn what the conditions are that you as a leader need to create to help your people to come together as a team and enable them to work together successfully.
- This is not a course about just general team management - this is a course for managers and leaders who want to go the extra mile to create a truly high-performing team
Brenda van Camp is the founder and CEO of SharpAlice Inc., an organizational & leadership development platform which designs and delivers leadership development programs specifically focused on enabling women to lead as well as working with organizations to help their women & men in leadership work more effectively together.
Prior to founding SharpAlice, Brenda earned her stripes working as a marketing executive for consumer companies. Most recently she was the Chief Marketing Officer of Blurb – the leading online self-publishing platform based in San Francisco. Prior to that, Brenda was the SVP, International Head of Marketing for the international auction house Christie’s. Earlier in her career, Brenda honed her business skills as a consultant for Booz Allen & Hamilton and Publicis Consultants and as an Investment Director for two European venture capital firms.
Having worked & lived in the US, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, Brenda has a strong international orientation.
Brenda holds a BA and MA in Economics from the University of Amsterdam and professional coaching training from CTI’s Co-Active Coach® Training Program, The Leadership Practices Inventory® (LPI) Coach program and the Presence-Based Coaching® program.