Building Efficient & Sustainable Knowledge Management System
What you'll learn
- This course is designed to help you understand the different types of knowledge and Knowledge Management (KM).
- You will have an in-depth understanding of KM processes and tools.
- Identify pitfalls in KM and appreciate best practices.
- Ultimately, this course aims to equip and empower you to develop a comprehensive KM structure/program•
- Understand types of knowledge and knowledge management system application.
- Understand knowledge loss, knowledge retention and knowledge retention cycle •
- Examine what drives the need for KM, its goals and objectives •
- Explore knowledge transfer mechanisms.
- Differentiate between KM and Information Management •
- Examine the concepts of Organizational Learning as opposed to Learning Organization.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Basic business knowledge.
This course Building Efficient & Sustainable Knowledge Management System is designed for small and growing enterprises with an overview and practical guides in setting up and managing an efficient and sustainable knowledge management system for small and growing enterprises. The course outlines and content have been carefully chosen and tailored to suit the target audience and are easy to implement. The course is suitable for HR practitioners, business consultants, aspiring and existing entrepreneurs, students, and business managers.
This course has five modules. The First Module is titled ‘Knowledge Fundamentals’, the second is titled ‘Nitty Gritties of the Knowledge Management system process, the third module is ‘ knowledge retention and knowledge retention cycle’, and the fourth module is ‘ knowledge transfer mechanisms’ and the fifth module is titled ‘ Making Knowledge Flow’. After the fifth module, there is a Case study question with a practical guide response to help with the evaluation of the learning process.
This course is designed to help you understand what knowledge is, the different types of knowledge, the knowledge retention cycle, and knowledge management system. You will have an understanding of knowledge management processes and tools, and be able to identify pitfalls in knowledge management system setting-up and appreciate best practices.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals, professionals, consultants, entrepreneurs, managers and organizations looking to understand, develop and build an efficient and sustainable Knowledge Management System; its practical application in an IT, Non-IT and blended .
Funke Medun is the CEO of Leapworld Limited, a full-service business development support (BDS) and human resources consultancy with global alliances. She holds a first degree in Geology, an MBA from the prestigious Lagos Business School (LBS) and currently a doctoral research student. She is an accredited and World bank trained BDS Expert Consultant. She is an associate member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) and a licensed human resource practitioner (HRPL). She is an alumnae of China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) and IESE Business School, Spain. She is also an alumnae of the United State government funded exchange program academy for women entrepreneurs (AWE). She is an associate member of women in business and management (WIMBIZ) Nigeria, a business coach and mentor, and sits on the board of some organizations.
Funke had about a decade of experience with the top banks Zenith Bank plc and Guaranty Trust Bank plc before joining the consulting industry. She has committed herself to help entrepreneurs, NGOs and already established businesses perform at their best. She has a sleuth of projects that she currently works on and has helped execute in the past such as team lead for the World Bank Growth & Employment (GEM) project; United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) HP-LIFE project; Bank Of Industry (BOI) Nigeria BDSP; Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) project BDSP & Capacity Building; Women Entrepreneurship & Leadership for Africa (WELA) program, amongst others. Funke is a multi-talented scholar, an author, a vibrant and always up to something, she believes we all can do amazing things!
Funke is also very active in community development. She is a volunteer financial education trainer with the “financial literacy for all” project, Nigeria (in Collaboration with Common Wealth UK) and a life-skills trainer with the Lagos Eko Education project (World Bank funded). She was also a mentor under the Guaranty Trust Bank plc staff mentoring scheme and a peer educator with the Health & Life planning club (Action Health Incorporated, Lagos).