- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Explore reasons behind establishing a code of conduct.
- Identify important concepts for adequate codes.
- Recognize the benefits of codes of conduct.
- Explore model codes and examine how they link to ethical theories.
- Identify important code components.
- Identify how to develop your code.
- Explore how to personalize your code.
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are needed for this course, but completion of the instructor's other courses on ethics may be helpful.
A code of conduct is a vital organizational document. Breaches of ethics can land companies in serious trouble with consumers, other organizations or government authorities. Creating a code of conduct makes decision making easier at all levels of an organization. It reduces ambiguity and considerations of individual perspectives in ethical standards.
Code of conduct examples are easily found by searching the web. They extend from organization codes to professional codes. The biggest mistake any corporation can make is to replicate someone else’s code. These are the exact reasons we spent time going over the History of Ethics and the Psychology Behind Ethics.
A strong code of conduct must be established with the specific organization or profession in mind. Enron’s code of conduct is often touted as a strongly written code. How much good did it do them?
This course focuses on important concepts professionals should know and understand about codes of conduct.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: Keys to an Effective Code of Conduct. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
- Anyone interested in Human Resources (HR).
- Anyone interested in Management.