Building Apps with Third Party Integrations
- Be comfortable with NodeJS
- Have experience developing a website
Hi and welcome to Building Apps with Third Party API Integrations.
In this course, you’re going to learn how to quickly build a web app that interfaces with third-party services like Behance and Sendgrid in a safe and scalable way.
My name is Mike Solomon, and I’m the CEO of Meeshkan Machine Learning, where we use tons of 3rd party integrations in our award-winning app.
At the end of this course, you will be able to develop bug-free apps blazingly fast using NextJs, Typescript and and deploy them with confidence to the web, to Slack, or if you're a React Native developer, to the App Store or Google Play.
In the first course, we will explore why third party integrations are so important in the modern app-building landscape. In the second course, we will set up our IDE, download all of the required dependencies, and survey the services we'll be integrating with. Then, we will build a skeleton web app in record time thanks to awesome tools like mongo-mock and unmock.
The ideal student for this course is a professional developer or hobbyist that wants to use popular APIs like Facebook or Stripe. This can be quite challenging because of the lack of control that comes with using 3rd party APIs. We’re going to help you overcome those challenges, fast, and get you on the path towards building great apps.
Thanks a lot for your interest and I hope you sign up for this free course!
Who this course is for:
- Introduction to Third Party API Integrations05:02
- Tips for setting up your environment00:21
- Setting up your environment08:32
- Overview of the third party APIs we'll be using01:09
- Integrating with third party APIs07:44
- Getting started with mongo-mock00:28
- Building the app - using mongo-mock10:11
- Help with Next.js, Typescript and unmock00:23
- Building the app - using unmock part 105:04
- Building the app- using unmock part 211:03
- Getting started with jest00:06
- Best practices for testing your apps10:19
Mike Solomon is the C.E.O. of Meeshkan Machine Learning. When he's not learning with or from computers, he spends his time in France directing the Ensemble 101.
Mike is a graduate of Stanford University, Queen's Belfast, the University of Florida and UPMC in Paris.
Before starting with Meeshkan, he worked in the IRCAM, Jongla and Grame doing Computer Music, Audio and AI research and development.