Building an Online Course using H5P and Moodle
What you'll learn
- How to download and build a Moodle server on their home PC
- How to install the H5P Plugin
- How to add various H5P content types including Course Presentations, Timelines, Books, Videos and Quizzes
- H5P and the Moodle Gradebook
- Adding a Moodle Assignment
- Adding images and colour to a Moodle course
- Restricting Access to Moodle Activities and Resources
- A basic understanding of Moodle
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level
- You should be able to use the Internet and Web Browsers at a beginner level
This course will show learners how to create an online course using Moodle and H5P, using existing Content.
I will begin the course by discussing the process to change content from traditional taught to online content, and talk about the pedagogy involved, as well as showing students how to create learning objectives and both formative and summative assessment.
Then the course will continue by showing learners how to create their own Moodle instance, and how to install the H5P Plugin.
Throughout the course, we will be constantly l referring back to our learning objectives, in order to put the student at the centre of the learning journey, and ensure the content we create teaches our students the content in the most interesting and engaging way.
I will also show learners how to use different content types within H5P, including Branching Scenarios, Drag and Drop Quizzes , Accordions, Interactive Videos, Online Presentations, Interactive Books, Columns, Find the HotSpots, Various Quizzes and much much more!
In the finishing touches section, I will add activity completion as well as showing learners how to use the restrict access functionality of Moodle. I will also show learners how to add a Moodle Assignment, in order to test your students subject knowledge, add colour and graphics to a Moodle course page, add a course introduction, and even show you how to enrol students and teachers on your course.
So if you want to create an amazing, engaging, interactive online course, Why not sign up today?
Who this course is for:
- Administrators, Managers, Course Creators seeking to enhance Moodle courses and content
- Professionals interested in enhancing Moodle online courses for Staff Training and Professional Development
- Professionals that use Moodle on a day to day basis and want to make Moodle better for their students!
- Teachers, Teaching Assistants, and Academic Staff involved in Teaching Online
- Anyone interested in Learning Technology and how it can be used to enhance student learning
- Anyone interested in creating engaging interactive online content
I have worked in eLearning for over 12 years, and in IT and computing for over 22 years.
I began my career at the Workers Education Association, the largest provider of Adult education in the UK, as a support analyst before moving up to a Senior Support Analyst, involved in building networks and providing helpdesk support. I then moved on to work as a Learning Technologies officer for Coventry University London Campus, and then a Virtual Learning Environment Manager during my 4 years at the Royal Veterinary College.
Presently, I am the Electronic Resources Manager at the Institute of Dentistry at Queen Mary University in London, England.
I have managed multiple eLearning projects throughout my wide and varied career, including a college wide migration from Blackboard to Moodle, creating new undergraduate online courses, managing Virtual Learning Environments, Creating e-learning content, Moodle training, learning design including MOOCs and SPOCs and pedagogical design of online courses.
I frequently identify and assess relevant learning technologies to extend and support teaching and learning, and plan and manage the integration of such technologies into the curriculum and into teaching practice.
I have regularly, throughout my career, designed and implemented a range of training, including student inductions, large scale teacher training, online training and individual training.
I am always interested in any Moodle or eLearning consultancy work - if you require this sort of service, please let me know, or visit my website.
In my spare time, I enjoy watching Football - I am a Chelsea fan, entering online competitions, playing with my cat Daisy (she makes a guest appearance in my courses!) and going out to the pub with my friends.