Building Static Websites With Jekyll and Hugo
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- learn how to build a static website with either Jekyll or Hugo
- learn how to build a website with Jekyll or Hugo
- how to install Jekyll and Hugo
- learn to build layouts. templates, add content, posts and pages
- how to deploy Jekyll and Hugo host it for free
- cloud hosting solutions for Jekyll or Hugo
- much more!
- knowledge of HTML and CSS
Welcome to this 2 in 1 course where you will learn how to create static websites with Jekyll and Hugo. Both are awesome static website generators.
In this course, we'll start by walking through how Jekyll works, installing Jekyll and then we'll build a fully functioning site with content.
We'll then get into Hugo where you'll learn how to install Hugo and have a website up and running.
With Jekyll or Hugo you can build a blog, a portfolio, or any website, without having to depend on a database or content management system. That's because these two static site generators do not require setting up a complex application on a web server like WordPress.
With Jekyll or Hugo static site generators you can help you build a simple website fast without any plugins or advanced programming. In fact, you can build a website much cheaper, faster and more secure than those built with platforms such as WordPress.
With this course you'll learn how to get up and running with either Jekyll or Hugo. You'll learn how to choose templates, add pages and posts, and build your site.
By the end, you'll know how to create a static website with the platform you choose, with either Jekyll or Hugo.
- web developers
- anyone wanting to learn how to use Jekyll or Hugo