Building a Single Page Web Application with KnockoutJS
What you'll learn
- Use declarative data-binding to specify what your code should do in the HTML markup
- Use knockout templates to organize and reuse markup
- Dynamically choose a template based on the type of object
- Utilize computed properties to automatically track dependencies
- A clear and practical approach to building a web application with sample code provided to help you every step of the way so you can see not just the final product, but also the evolution of the code base.
Starting with an overview of the core concepts behind KnockoutJS to create a real-world application, you'll begin your journey by first learning to build a simplified version of Google Docs. You'll discover the power of data binding and dependency tracking to automatically keep various parts of your application in sync. Next, you’ll learn how you can use debugging techniques to track errors before moving on to creating a spreadsheet to represent more complex data structures. Lastly, you’ll learn how to create a form and then save and load a page using server side functionality.
The final section of the course lets you explore best practices and some additional tools you can use to ensure a maintainable code base.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at both back-end and front-end web application developers with a basic knowledge of KnockoutJS and an interest in effectively building a single web page application from start to finish.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.