Building a Search Server with Elasticsearch
What you'll learn
- Ingest real data into your index and create a working Elasticsearch cluster
- Categorize different types of data automatically with Elasticsearch and manage them effectively
- Work with a variety of queries and learn how and when to use them correctly
- Implement exciting features that help you search and highlight data
- Build custom search filters that help you with advanced data search
- Get to grips with the best practices for separating out the structure of an AngularJS application into its various components
- Add a bit more to your search server by applying relevancy tuning and addressing security concerns
This course will give you the tools you need to create your own custom search application. Throughout this course, you'll see how rewarding Elasticsearch can be to work with and how to use it to build a real search application complete with results, highlighting, filters, and autocomplete.
Starting with an introduction to Elasticsearch and client-side applications, we'll then move on to learn how Elasticsearch automatically classifies field types, and what to do if they need to be overridden. We will also cover many of the query types that Elasticsearch provides to return results for our AngularJS application. Once we have some basic results, we will add filters (called aggregations in Elasticsearch) to make it easy for users to narrow down the results to a specific topic. Then we will cover how to implement autocomplete and highlighting, and ultimately wrap up with an overview of deployment and security.This course will equip you with the tools that you need to craft rich search interfaces that deliver great results to your users.
About the Author
Daniel Beach is a search architect, specializing in client-side application development. He works at Opensource Connections where he has built search applications for organizations ranging from publishers to government agencies.
Who this course is for:
- If you are a web developer who is looking to make your content more discoverable, this is the course for you.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.