Building a Ruby on Rails Application with Neo4j
- A computer with the ability to install Ruby on Rails and Neo4j (any computer Windows/Mac/Linux will work)
This course will cover how to:
- Set up a Ruby on Rails application using a Neo4j database as a backend
- Start creating Rails models to allow for abstracted management of your Neo4j properties and relationships
- Build simple but powerful queries using association chaining
- Represent relationships with the ActiveRel module
- Start building more complicated queries with the `Query` API and Neo4j's Cypher query language
If you would like another FREE resource to continue learning Neo4j I highly recommend the O'Reilly book "Graph Databases".
Who this course is for:
- This course is best for people who have at least a little experience with Ruby on Rails
I am a Software Engineer who loves to build complex and dynamic web applications. I also love data and tools which let me process complex data easily. I also love to travel and am currently on a two year trip around the world with my wife and three year old son.