Building a Compelling Resume or CV
What you'll learn
- Compose, update, and customize focused, effective, and highly-engaging resumes/CVs that showcase and highlight relevant skills and career achievements.
- All you need for this course is a word processor you feel comfortable editing and working with documents in and a PDF viewer to read some of the supplemental materials included with the course.
Master your CV or resume with in depth discussions of everything you need to do to catch a modern recruiters eye. A comprehensive course including lectures, examples, and valuable resources that cover how to build a knock-out resume or CV from top to bottom.
Build, update, and refocus your CV or resume for individual job listings with this specialized course for career-minded professionals looking for a competitive edge in their industry.
- Give your resume or CV the focus it needs to keep a hiring manager’s attention
- Learn what you should put where and why
- Discover tips and techniques for how to handle gaps in your work history
- Understand the different types of resumes or CVs and which is best for you
Laser-focus your resume or CV on what recruiters want to see
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to resumes and CVs. Everyone’s career path is a little different, so naturally their resumes are different as well. The key to standing out today is understanding what elements of the modern resume are best used to leverage your particular work history, career path, and industry. Landing an interview in the face of fierce competition requires a resume that does a better job of showing potential employers you are the candidate they should spend their time interviewing than those you are competing against – something this course will teach you to do.
Each year the game changes, and your resume needs to change with it. This deep dive into your resume will leave no stone uncovered as it provides perspectives, tips, and examples of the most effective way to stand out from even the fiercest competition.
“Clark showed me some amazing techniques on how to quickly focus my resume on exactly what employers were looking for and taught me that all the information in the world won’t help me if it isn’t relevant to meeting their needs.” – Marjan Ghorbanian
"The first lesson Clark taught me, and probably one of the most important, was how to put myself in the recruiter's shoes." – Martín Alexanco
Content and Overview
More than 14 lectures with over an hour of discussions covering everything you need to include in a resume or CV. Discussions of the different types of resumes, what you should put where, how to describe achievements, whether or not you can use color, how to prepare for an ATS, best practices to ensure your resume is easily readable on mobile devices, and everything else you’ve ever wanted to know about your resume or CV but didn’t know who to ask.
You’ll learn first-hand what to put where, how to pitch yourself, the best way to focus the beginning of your resume, where and how to modify each time you send it out, whether or not your professional history or education should go first, and more. From the format and organization to best practices for bullets, the course covers it all. Give yourself the confidence you deserve the next time you send out your CV for a job application.
In addition to an hour+ of lectures, downloadable resources include documents to help you describe your best achievements, determine the best format type for your resume, and even an example resume with tons of information packed into it for easy reference.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is currently in the job market and has a basic understanding of what a resume/CV does for them will get the most out of this course. If you have no experience to the modern job market, some of this information may be too advanced, but the course still makes a good starting place. If you are highly skilled with CVs/Resumes and have no problem locking down job interviews, you probably don’t need this course at this time.
Writer, Editor, Creative Consultant specialized in English composition and content development for businesses, websites, and artistic personalities.
Worked as a tutor to international business professional and students alike on English, writing, and language.
Over 7 years of experience serving clients from around the globe on writing related projects of all kinds and sizes. Particularly focused in providing English expertise for international businesses, crowdfunding content creation, and technology-related writing.
Sole developer of International Business English (IBE) Udemy courses focused on teaching international businessmen and women stronger competencies in key areas of business English in order to better compete in native English-speaking markets.