Building a Basic App Using Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Install the Visual Studio for Mac IDE and Xamarin Tools
- Create cross-platform solutions for both the iOS and Android platforms
- Master the Xamarin Forms platform
- Use breakpoints and define conditional breakpoints within your code
- Use the Visual Studio for Mac built-in debugging tools to debug your applications
- Leverage the Razor Templating Engine to build hybrid mobile solutions
- Work with a number of NuGet package component libraries
Download and install Visual Studio for Mac, along with the Android platform tools.
- Learn about the various tools
- Understand the various steps to enroll in the Apple Developer Program
- Learn to set up and create an Android emulator for the Android platform
The aim of this video is to give you an overview about the Xamarin Mobile Platform Architecture.
- Create a Xamarin solution containing both iOS and Android projects
- Go through the benefits of developing apps using Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms
- Create a user interface using XAML, and use C# to display a list of planetary names
The aim of this video is to give you an overview about setting Breakpoints within your code.
- Setup a breakpoint within the code editor to debug your planetary app
- Learn how to view all currently set breakpoints within the Breakpoints pad
- Learn how to create a conditional breakpoint to perform a given action
The aim of this video is to give you an overview of how to use the Visual Studio for Mac IDE to debug an application.
- Create a Xamarin solution containing both iOS and Android projects
- Learn about the Visual Studio for Mac debugger
- Learn to use the debugger to step through program code within the code editor
This video will give you an overview about the Razor Templating Engine platforms.
- Explore the various components of a Razor Template solution
- Understand how to develop a Razor Template solution using the static model class
- Learn how to develop a Razor Template solution using the SQLite database model attached
This video will give you an overview about the Razor Templating Engine which would be used to create Hybrid mobile solutions using HTML and C#.
- Create a hybrid mobile solution for the iOS platform
- Explore the various folders within the Book Library solution
- Launch the Book Library application within the iOS simulator
Understand how to integrate the SQLite.Net Nuget package within your solution.
- Add the SQLite.Net Nuget package within your solution
- Create the database wrapper to communicate with your Book Library app
- Implement the logic within your database wrapper class
Learn how to create the BookLibrary Razor Template HTML pages for your BookLibrary solution.
- Implement the BookLibrary namespace and models for each of the Razor Template HTML pages
- Implement the code within your WebViewController class
- Launch the completed Book Library application within the iOS simulator
The aim of this video is to create a cross-platform solution using Xamarin.Forms.
- Create a blank Xamarin.Forms app solution and using C# code to interact with the XAML layout files
- Explores the Photo library portable class library solution, as well as the components that make up a Xamarin.Forms app
- Explores the photo library android and iOS solutions, and their interaction with PCL
The aim of this video is to make you understand how to integrate the Xam.Plugin.Media Nuget package within your solution.
- Learn to add the Xam.Plugin.Media Nuget package to your portable class library
- Learn to add the Xam.Plugin.Media Nuget package to your android project
- Learn to add the Xam.Plugin.Media Nuget package to your iOS project
The aim of this video is to make you understand how to create a user interface elements for your photo library Xamarin.Forms app using XAML.
- Create a Gallery image model class using C#
- Implement the properties for your gallery image model to communicate with your XAML layout file
- Explore the usage of XAML previewer to see how your XAML files will render the actual device
The aim of this video is to make you understand how to use the Xamarin Media Plugin to access the device camera and photo album.
- Get to know how to handle taking picture’s using the device camera
- Get to know how to choose a picture from the photo album, and store this within your Gallery Image model
- Implement methods to convert an image into bytes
The aim of this video is to make you understand how to integrate the Plugin.Permission Nuget package within your solution.
- Learn to add the permissions plugin to our portable class library, android and iOS projects
- Learn how to check permission to use your camera and photo album
- Add camera and photo album permissions to your AndroidManifest.xml and Info.plist
- Should have basic knowledge C#.
Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms are the most powerful cross-platform mobile development frameworks for creating stunning cross-platform applications on the iOS and Android mobile platforms. This video course will begin by showing you how to successfully set up Visual Studio for Mac for both iOS and Android so that you can begin developing apps using the Xamarin.Forms platform. You will then learn how to debug your Xamarin applications right within the Visual Studio IDE, before moving on to learn how to build hybrid mobile applications using the Razor Templating Engine. Towards the end of the course, you will learn how to build a photo library application that interacts with the user's camera and photo album.
Steven F. Daniel is the CEO and founder of GENIESOFT STUDIOS, a software development company based in Melbourne, Victoria that focuses primarily on developing games and business applications for the iOS, Android, and Mac OS X platforms.
He is an experienced software developer with more than 17 years' experience and is extremely passionate about making people employable by helping them use their existing skills in iOS, Android, and Xamarin to get the job done. He is a member of the SQL Server Special Interest Group (SQLSIG), CocoaHeads, and the Java Community. He was the co-founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at SoftMpire Pty Ltd., a company focused primarily on developing business applications for the iOS and Android platforms.
Steven is the author of various book titles, some of which are as follows:
- Mastering Xamarin UI Development
- Apple Watch App Development
- Android Wearable Programming
- Xcode 4 Cookbook
- iPad Enterprise Application Development Blueprints
- iOS 5 Essentials
- Xcode 4 iOS Development Beginner's Guide
- This video course will appeal to C# developers who want to leverage their existing skills to develop cross-platform mobile solutions for the iOS, Android, and Windows platforms.