Gerard is 46 years old and originally from Cork in Ireland, married to Olive with five kids ranging from 5 to 16 years olde – so a busy house!
Over the past 20 years, Gerard has served in a variety of management, engineering, and commercial positions in both public and private industry sectors.
Gerard is an accomplished international telecoms expert, educator, serial Internet entrepreneur, angel investor, and smart home automation integrator. Other professional achievements include the authoring of various technology books:
- [+] IPTV Services and Technologies, Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-16372-6 (Published 2008)
- [+] Co-authored Home Technology Integrator Certification Lab: ISBN 1-58122-070-7 (Published 2004)
- [+] Essential Guide to Home Networking; ISBN-10: 0130198463 Published (2001)
- [+] Essential Guide to Digital Set-top Boxes and Interactive TV, Prentice Hall, ISBN-10: 0130173606 (Published 1999).
- [+] Manage Your Home with a Smartphone App!
- [+] 13 Ways to Use Technology to Live Independently at Home for Longer!
- Essential Guide to Steak
Over the years Gerard has been given the role as commentator on industry events and trends in the digital home industry sector and been quoted in a number of premier business publications. Additionally he has presented papers at a handful of conferences around the world.
In recent times, Gerard has become involved as an angel investor in a portfolio of start-ups & emerging growth companies in mobile apps, e-commerce, e-Learning subscription commerce, food, and digital home sectors.
Additionally, he runs a number of blogs including one that help people make their homes more secure, safer, more energy efficient and enjoyable!
On the education front, Gerard holds electronics and information technology qualifications from the University of Limerick in Ireland.