Home Automation For Beginners: Create Your Own Smart Home
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Confidently buy and install various Internet of Things (IoT) devices that will ‘talk to each other’
- At the end of this course you will have learnt the core skills of how to install your own smart home system
- You'll have your own alarm system that will cost a fraction of purchasing a traditional home security system
- 45 lectures and 3.5 hours of video content
- Regular course updates: new video lectures to co-incide with major hardware and software upgrades
- You're also getting incredible bonuses! Including a fully illustrated PDF copy of the Essential Guide to Samsung SmartThings Smart Home Automation System
- Access to Gerard to ask questions
- You don't need to know anything about smart home technologies in order to take this course
- You don't need to have any tools or equipment in order to take this course
- No smart home products are required. However In order to get the most out of this course, we include a list of recommended smart IoT connected home devices.
What if you could use smart home products to improve your family’s security, safety & enjoyment levels?
Here are a four key everyday examples of how smart home automation could work in your life:
- Use a mobile app to remotely view your home via an IP camera, arm your alarm, and adjust your lights and thermostats while away from home?
- Be re-assured that your home and family are safe and protected — whether you’re there or not?
- Receive text and email alerts on your Smartphone once an intruder enters your home or smoke is detected?
- Save up to 10% on your energy bills!
Smart Homes can deliver all of the above benefits; BUT you could be forgiven if you find the notion of connecting your home a bewildering, confusing and expensive process.
People generally buy different types of smart home devices from different manufacturers ending up with various smart home devices that cannot communicate with each other.
To avoid these pitfalls international smart home automation expert, Gerard O’Driscoll offers this course to show you everything from A-to-Z on how to create your Home Automation system, which will reduce energy consumption, create a comfortable family environment & protect your home against Intruders.
As someone who has already spent over $5,000 over the last year buying a variety of connected products that range from smart bulbs and thermostats to cameras and smart smoke detectors, I’m going to save you hours of frustration that I went through; and fast track building of your own smart home.
I take the guesswork out of creating your very own smart home.
Don’t want to spend money on a smart home system that does not work? Then Enroll Today in the most comprehensive course in the world covering the topic of IoT and smart home automation.
- Anyone who needs assistance in getting their smart home up and running
- Home owners interested in controlling their lighting, alarm, safety, heating and entertainment systems on their smartphones or tablets while out and about or at home
- This course is a useful tool for electrical contractors and alarm installers who are unsure about how to start offering smart home installation services to their customers
- Home builders interested in identifying specific smart home automation ideas that will differentiate their offerings and improve overall property sales
- Anyone else curious about how to setup a smart home system at a reasonable cost!
Gerard talks in detail about the physical and technical characteristics of the smart home hub you will be using as the brains of your new smart home system.
In this video lecture, Gerard un-boxes the center piece of your smart home security system – the hub.
If you have an area of the house that you are worried about leaking (near the water heater for instance); then install a sensor that will send a notification once water is detected. In this video, Gerard teaches you how to connect a smart sensor with your home automation system.
In this video, look over Gerard’s shoulder and watch him setup his leak detection sensor to send him a text message if a leak is detected in the utility room. At the end of the video Gerard, shows you what happens once water is spilled near the sensor.
The Nest Thermostat supports advanced capabilities, namely, auto away, auto schedule, time-to-temperature, safety temperature and PIN protection. In this video lecture Gerard shows you how to use the mobile and Web app to set up these advanced safety measures.