Storage Area Network with Openfiler Linux
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course, you will be able to build a free ISCSI SAN by openfiler
- In this course you will have a good introduction about storage, storage devices , storage technologies
- you will understand alot of concepts about storage
- you will learn how to install openfiler system , managing the storage and backup/restore the configurations
- Build Linux based storage can be accessed by different clients like windows , vmware esxi , linux ( redhat , ubuntu )
- laptop or PC with minimum 4GB RAM
- Virtual Box or VMware software.
- (linux or windows)virtual machine
- Openfiler CD
- watch to understand and apply the lab exercise to learn
In this course we will talk about storage concepts and we will learn step by step how to build a free ISCSI Storage Area Network with openfiler.
By the end of this course you'll have a good knowledge about Storage Area Network and you will be able to implement the ISCSI Storage Area Network in a lot of projects.
You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this course. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach.
Here is what you will learn by taking Storage Area Network with Openfiler Linux
- Introduction about storage technologies
- Storage Area Network Vs Network Attached Storage
- How to install Openfiler Linux system
- Discover features,menus and functions of each button in the management page
- How to configure storage devices
- How to create LUN and assign it to host
- ISCSI concept ( ISCSI-Target & Initiator )
- Basic concept of LVM
- Backup & Restore system configurations
- Demo from scratch to build ISCSI Storage Area Network
- How to add more protection layer by using RAID
watch to understand & apply excersies to learn
Who this course is for:
- IT students who want to understand storage technology and want to implement small storage box to expand his knowlage by simulating the storage types
- Linux or Windows System Administrator who want to build a test environment with SAN solution
- DataBase Administrator who wants to build RAC cluster which needs SAN storage
I am Muhamad Elkenany and I’m your go-to Unix/Linux systems and maintenance support.
I began with Linux in 2006 and have never looked back, gaining certifications in Linux, HPUX and Solaris. Throughout my career I served in several IT companies and am now at work as a UNIX/LINUX System Engineer, ever passionate to learn and know more.
Along the way, I’ve also gained much experience with virtualization (VMware ESXi , KVM ,VPAR) and storage (EMC, SUN, HP storage products)
I’m happy to share my expertise, and support your needs for more knowledge and information in the world of Linux.
If you are enthused about the possibilities of Linux, it is my pleasure to gain new friends! Facebook & linkedin.