What you'll learn
- Build a cryptocoin from scratch using Python
- Digitally sign messages and verify signatures
- Design and build a tamper-proof blockchain to store any kind of data
- Secure your blockchain with a proof-of-work requirement
- Open sockets to communicate transactions and block with peers
- Build a wallet and miner for your cryptocoin
- Beginning knowledge of any programming language
- Python 3.x
- A text editor
You'll learn the ins and outs of blockchain like only a blockchain programmer knows. Using only a few Python libraries, we'll build a cryptocurrency from the ground up. Even if you have very little programming experience we can help you through it!
You'll learn about digital signatures, hashing and proof-of-work mining. We'll design and build a scheme for decentralized consensus including communicating over TCP/IP sockets. Bring your basic knowledge of Python, and you'll emerge on the other side with a grasp of cryptocurrencies better than 99% of your peers and with a working prototype you can build on.
You'll make smarter cryptocurrency investment decisions, launch a career in blockchain programming or just be the smartest crypto-junkie in the room. Clear your weekend, click the enroll button and let's go!
Who this course is for:
- Programmers of all skill levels who want to learn cryptocurrencies from the inside
- Crypto-junkies who want to learn some programming
After a PhD in experimental physics I switched to scientific programming 14 years ago. My specialty is high performance scientific simulation on GPUs using CUDA and other tools. I also dabble in blockchain programming, chess, machine learning and cryptography. In my free time, I play soccer and chase my four magnificent children in Portland, Oregon.
NerdBarn provides self-paced online education for busy nerds worldwide.
NerdBarn is a location-independent e-learning company founded by Levi Barnes in 2017. Our mission is to expand human flourishing and breakdown global barriers by making modern skills accessible and inexpensive. We believe in project-based learning and in combining pre-recorded lectures with one-on-one teacher-student interactions.
It's our world, nerds. Let's make it astounding!