Build your first iOS App in Swift
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a broad understanding of how to properly architect and structure a basic iOS application.
- You will need a Mac computer running macOS with the Xcode IDE
Welcome to iOS fundamentals course where we will explore a high level overview of all the building blocks you will need to build great iOS applications.
This class covers a broad overview of iOS related topics in bite sized videos that you can follow along with. This class assumes you have some exposure to programming and are able to get setup and follow along. To succeed in this class it is best to follow along with each video. You would be best served by coding along with the video and making sure that your project outputs the same or similar results as mine as you go through each video in the series.
The class project will require that you exercise many of the topics covered in the videos to build your own application. You can refer to the class videos if you get stuck or forget how to do something a particular way. If you code along the way throughout each video you can refer to that as a reference for the class project.
Specific topics covered in this course are:
- Subclassing UIViewControllers
- Understanding different kinds of segues and application navigation
- Learning about UINavigationControllers and UITableViewControllers
- Subclassing UITableViewCells
- The basics of protocols and delegation
- Learning about the UIPickerView
- Capturing user input with UITextFields
- Passing data between view controllers
- Creating UI elements programmatically
- Learning the basic concepts of caring about the user interface and user experience.
Technologies Used in this Tutorial:
- Swift 4
- Xcode 9
- macOS Operating System
- Beginner level programmers who want to learn mobile application development in iOS