Building websites with WordPress
What you'll learn
- Introduction to WordPress
- Introduction to hosting on SiteGround
- Introduction to backend hosting components / tools
- Working with the WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Exploring WordPress Settings
- Installing and configuring a Theme (Astra)
- Installing and configuring Plugins
- Working with web builders - Elementor
- Enabling eCommerce functionality using WooCommerce
- SEO Basics using Rank Math
- Performance tuning basics
- You don't need any past WordPress experience to start with this course. It's very beginner friendly.
42% of the web uses WordPress. It's the most popular CMS ever.
If you're not learning to build WP sites, you're missing the largest market of customers waiting to pay you to launch and maintain websites.
This course will teach you how to tap into this huge market.
Why you need this course
WordPress is the most popular CMS platform on the internet.
Web design agencies and clients love WordPress is due to its flexibility, scalability, SEO benefits, and ease of use. Our agency, Clio Websites, has been making WordPress websites for years and the demand is insatiable.
Who is this for?
This course is for web development beginners, looking to learn how to create and launch WordPress websites. You don't need any past experience with WordPress or any programming languages to complete this course.
It will teach you how to create websites for freelancing clients, or for personal projects.
This course will also teach you how to set up a hosting environment, and tune your website for better SEO performance and results.
This five-hour course will cover the following topics:
Introduction to WordPress
Introduction to hosting on SiteGround
Introduction to backend hosting components / tools
Working with the WordPress Admin Dashboard
Exploring WordPress Settings
Installing and configuring a Theme (Astra)
Installing and configuring Plugins
Working with web builders - Elementor
Enabling eCommerce functionality using WooCommerce
SEO Basics using Rank Math
Performance tuning basics
Who this course is for:
- This course is for web development beginners, looking to learn how to create and launch WordPress websites. It will teach you how to create websites for freelancing clients, or for personal projects.
Nat Miletic is the founder of Clio Websites, a Calgary-based web design company. His meticulous work and never-ending drive to help others have empowered many local businesses.
Through WordPress website building, responsive website building and SEO services, he has improved sales and visibility for big and small companies alike. From national institutions such as Canada Immigration and Visa Services to local businesses like A Proactive Driving School, Nat’s web design projects have improved the usability and SEO results of many websites.
Nat is also making a name for himself on Twitter. Entertaining a following of more than 24,000 users, he’s one of the rising names in the developer scene. His WordPress advice and “HTML is a programming language” tagline make him a unique contributor people love to engage with.