Build A Website - WordPress 5 + Twenty Nineteen Theme 2019
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Mastering WordPress 5.0 New Block-based Editor (aka Gutenberg)
- Mastering Twenty Nineteen Theme
- Block editor practices and tips and tricks
- Build a clean Website with WordPress 5.0 and Free Twenty Ninenteen WP Theme
Let's check out how our finished business website will look like after you complete this course. All of the website content and elements are built with the new block-based editor of WordPress 5 (Gutenberg) without any additional plugins. We will also learn to build various website layouts.
WordPress 5.2 features a few updates, this video will introduce you to the updates. I recommend you just to watch and not following the steps, just to understand what updates WordPress has. Then you can follow the whole course with this update in mind to practice using the new block editor.
Without domain or website address, your website cannot be built. So this is very crucial step, especially if you want your brand or your "digital" identity to exist for a long time. Hence we will do this very first step properly, registering your domain name separately from your host.
Moving your domain away from your web host is very troublesome, and needs many efforts, AND you will risk to loose your domain, so let's do this properly in the first place.
Having a domain only is not enough if you want to protect your privacy or your information from spammers. My own experience, once I forgot to get a domain privacy for a few hours, since then, until today, I receive emails from spammers without end. So protect your privacy with a domain protection. Problem is, a domain privacy protection is mostly not free. If you don't want to pay extra for a domain privacy protection, then follow this lecture. Free domain protection forever, who does not want it?
World Wide Web (WWW) era does change. The biggest search Engine, Google, and its browser, flags non-https websites as "not secure", this will risk your digital identity's authority too, be it in terms of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or future client's trusts. Fortunately, nowadays, even affordable web host plans make it possible for you to utilize their free SSL certificate to convert your WordPress website to be a HTTPS website.
In this lecture, I will show you in the video how to get an affordable web host plan (with 60% off promo and the coupon code to get huge discount) and even 1 cent first-month package plan for you to try out. Keep it mind, choosing one month plan will makes the renewal plan more expensive, so I recommend at least to get one year plan.
Because the web host we have does have cPanel, this makes us, as users easier to utilize our web server. One of them is the ability to login to your cPanel without looking at the email confirmations sent to your email, every time you want to login to your cPanel.
To be able to login to your cPanel is very important, as you will need to do this every time you troubleshoot your WordPress website.
After we the HTTP to HTTPS conversion process, we want to test our website new HTTPS url. This lecture explains this with easy explanation and what can go wrong with your website's new URL.
Our internal SEO (Search Engine Optimization) starts here. One website's content should have one web address only, otherwise, you will hurt your Search Engine ranking by having the "duplicate content" issue. With this lecture, we will learn together how to achieve "one site's content one address only".
Check the link in the "external resources" of this lecture.
Learn how to add your website's logo, site icon, and setup your first menu with Twenty Nineteen theme's customizer! Website's logo is your brand's identity, as well as your website's favicon or site icon. Then we will learn how to setup our first business-oriented website's menu with 2019 theme.
Learn how to use columns blocks to spice up your homepage or front page by adding pictures or adding icons to your business website. All is for free (see the resources of this lecture).
This is an optional step, an alternative of using the list items as shown in the previous lecture above by using icons for your "services" section.
Imagine you have a form in your website, and have no captcha feature for spam protection. You will receive daily spams submissions to your inbox. This can be very disturbing. In this lesson, we will learn how to setup a form and uses captcha for spam protections.
In the previous lessons, we setup our form, but we haven't connected our form with our call-to-action button or link. In this lesson, you will learn;
1. Connect our call-to-action button or link to our form.
2. Give a simple style yet very pleasing to look at to our call-to-action link or button without coding yourself.
Just copy and paste the code I provided in this lecture's resources link.
If you follow along the previous lessons, you will have the call-to-action button on your top area of the website, near header area. It will be more beneficial if you could have the button on your footer area, since most of a website's visitors check the footer before they leave the web page they are seeing.
In this lecture, we will learn how to put the same button in the footer area of your website.
- Have an Internet connection
- Have a budget to get a domain name and a web host (skip this if you just want to learn WordPress 5.0's new block editor)
- Have a patient
Hi there, thank you for visiting this page!
Welcome to Build A Website - WordPress 5 + Twenty Nineteen Theme WordPress 2019 course.
What will you learn with this course? We'll learn how to build a website that uses WordPress 5 (with the updated video using WordPress 5.2, the latest version) and its default theme Twenty Nineteen theme. Since the version 5.0, WordPress has new block-based editor that is also called Gutenberg editor in WordPress community. In this WordPress 5 course, you will learn how to build a business website using the free clean Twenty Nineteen theme.
So what will we learn with this course?
1. Have a HTTPS version of business WordPress website. A web host that offers free SSL certificate can be affordable too, and this course shows you exactly that. I will show you how to setup your website on HTTPS properly. I mentioned properly, because we will do it step by step without using a plugin. Plugins to setup HTTPS, will mostly make your website loads slower due to redirections. Google, the biggest Search Engine even suggests every webmasters to minimize redirections. This course is to build a website, if from the start, we already do "redirection" then how slow our website will load if we later on adding third-party components in our website, like advertisement links, banners, scripts, and plugins? Meanwhile, solving this issue is extremely easy from the start, we will learn this step by step.
2. Have a mobile-friendly clean business website
3. Intensive practices using the new block-based editor of WordPress 5.0
4. WordPress 5.0 new block-based editor tips and tricks or shortcuts.
5. Have a business-oriented homepage with "Welcome" section, call-to-action button with nice scrolling effect to the user's submission form as well as show off your photos or projects and services straight in your homepage for direct and fast access for your potential client.
There is more..I will show you how to use different blocks to build your website's layouts, so you can choose which appearance you want to have with WordPress 5 block editor. More and more practices and tips to use Gutenberg editor.
Then I will also show you;
6. How to connect to your server using Secure FTP step by step so that you will be able to access your WordPress files from your server in your local computer in secure connection.
7. How to create Twenty Nineteen child theme and modify the footer text dynamically. (Ready-to-download child theme is available for the non-techies!)
8. Discover my personal tips to secure my WordPress admin dashboard.
At the end of the course, you will have a solid business website with beautiful layouts, and easy to maintenance. You can also check out this course, every time you build a WordPress website.
Get the Lifetime-access now!
You will need a budget to get your domain name and a web host plan for this. With 1 cent (USD) you can get one-month web hosting plan to try out to setup a website using this course.
I have already a website? If you have already a website, you can still uses this course to practice the new block-based editor since I also will give you details steps to use the block editor.
I had fun times to create this course, and I will have fun to guide you through exploring the new feature of WordPress 5 in this course. See you inside the course!
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use WordPress 5
- Anyone who wants to use WordPress 5.0 to create a website
- If you want to learn how to use WordPress 5 block editor
- If you want to create a business WordPress website using the free theme
- If you want to know how to use Twenty Nineteen theme