Russian vocabulary: from simple words to conversation.
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Extend your vocabulary.
- Use essential everyday vocabulary in simple dialogues in Russian.
- Practice reading, listening and comprehending spoken Russian.
- Have fun discovering major differences and oddities of the Russian language compared to English.
- Learn and practice basic grammar: genders of nouns, conjugation of adjectives and verbs (in Present Tense).
- You should be able to read Cyrillic and know some basic grammar of the Russian language.
This course is for people who love studying languages in a 'live', non-text book manner, who already know how to read Cyrillic and are eager to start speaking Russian.
We will cover three topics: household kitchen items, clothing and every day action verbs. Initially introduced to each word, you will then learn and practice it in sentences and conversational situations. And sometimes we'll go out on a tangent when the word or expression calls for it.
This course is meant to entertain while educating, so get ready to have some fun with the language. I encourage you to engage in a conversation - be it with your fellow students or your teacher (me that is). What else is a language for but to converse and share?
There will be some grammar exercises and quizzes. Make mistakes and have a laugh. By all means have a laugh, and only then go back and learn again. You will get better with practice.
Take your time with each lecture. Practice makes permanent (although not necessarily perfect). Each one contains ample opportunities to practice reading, writing and pronunciation. Test your skills on quizzes, practice in conversations and then move on to the next lecture.
Ask questions and share your thoughts - it will help everybody.
I'm here to help and would gladly chat with you and help you practice pronunciation. Post requests and I'll do my best to find time to set up Skype/FaceTime/Google Hangout, you name it.
Learn and have fun!
- This course is meant for beginners who are aiming to extend their vocabulary. This course doesn't teach you the basics of reading, instead you will have ample opportunities to practice and perfect your reading skills. The course will enrich your word bank and provide you with conversational and auditory practice, provide print-out materials and flash cards to aid you in building up your vocabulary.
Glass (material) and a glass (the beverage holder). And things you that Russian call "a glass" but you probably never would.