Build Twitter Bots With Python Django and Tweepy
What you'll learn
- How to access twitter api using tweepy library
- How to create a twitter bot on python Django framework
- Tweepy methods
- How to like tweets using tweepy
- How to retweet tweets using tweepy
- How to send welcome message using tweepy
- How to download direct messages to postgresql database
- How to install python and virtual environment on your machine
- How to install Django on your machine
- No programming experience required. You will learn everything you need to know
This course will equip you with skills in building twitter bots that will help you build a following on twitter for business or fun. You don't need any prior skills as I will take you through the process of creating twitter developer accounts, Installing python django framework, Installing tweepy library and using tweepy library to build bots on python django framework and postgresql database.
I will show you how to build a like tweets bot based on two filter parameters: Good keywords and bad keywords. If there is any good keyword in a tweet my bot will like the tweet and if a tweet will have both good keywords and bad keywords then it will skip liking the tweet. I will also take you through the retweet tweets bot that has the same behavior as the like tweet bot. You will also learn how to send a welcome message automatically to new followers. The bot will not send a welcome message to old followers. You will also learn how to download direct messages to your postgress database with the last bot that saves direct messages to postgresql.
Python is machine independent so you can use your windows, linux or mac machines to go through this course
Who this course is for:
- Beginner python developers keen on learning access to 3rd party APIs
- Social media marketing experts who want to increase following
I have 3 years experience as a python programmer with a focus in API integration, voice recognition and bots for twitter and slack platforms.
I build bots on python Django and deploy them on cloud servers such as digitalocean.
I have 10 years experience building automations including email automations and workflow automations.