Build the Best Resume+Linkedin Profile:by Award Winning Prof
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 20 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Get your dream job.
- Build your perfect resume (using a format I have successfully used for more than 20 years).
- Build your perfect LinkedIn profile (learn how to get more recruiters & employers to find you).
- Passion: Know how to figure out what career you are most passionate about so that it feels like you don't have a job...you have a passion!
- Know what your goals are in life [Optional Goal Setting Workshop Section]. This section will change your life. We will set incredible goals and what your resume WILL look like in 10 years. We will follow through and make these goals a reality within 10 years.
- Understand what impactful words you should include on you resume. There are certain impactful words we must include on our resume. We will also talk about optimal job titles to use (if you started a club or work part time or if you don't have an official title).
- Know what accomplishments to put on your resume. We will discuss how to list your top accomplishments on your resume. Plus there are definitely a few things that you have accomplished that you never thought of putting on your resume.
- Know exactly how to format your resume.
- How to optimize your LinkedIn profile so that recruiters have an easier time finding your profile.
- How to embrace Search Engine Optimization (S.E.O.) the easy way. We will add more complexity to your LinkedIn profile as keywords help you rank higher in search rankings.
- How to add much more depth to your LinkedIn profile.
- Know what should be included in LinkedIn recommendations (if possible). What should be in recommendations? Keywords please for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)!
- Know how to add endorsements, which helps recruiters find you on LinkedIn and helps you with S.E.O. (Search Engine Optimization).
- Comprehend why to only take advice from successful people...and comment on their posts!
- How to create an unbelievable cover letter. We will talk about how to make an incredibly passionate, simple and effective cover letter.
- Understand the secrets of getting recruiters to find you via "groups." Recruiters, potential employers and potential customers will find you more easily if you are members of "groups".
- Know what you should remove that is written online (and negative of course) about you and how can we do this so recruiters don't see negative items when searching our names.
- How you can rank higher in Google search rankings.
- and much more...
- Anyone can take this course (no prior knowledge of creating resumes or creating search engine optimized LinkedIn profiles is required)! Recommended: access to Microsoft Word.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and get your dream job by creating an incredible resume and LinkedIn profile from scratch?
This comprehensive resume and LinkedIn course, contains many exercises, downloads, lectures and a 67-page Resume and LinkedIn Success Journal for you to complete during the course to create an incredible resume and LinkedIn profile. There is also an optional goal setting workshop at the end of the course (so you can create what your resume will look like in 10 years).
We use the Harvard Business School resume format as this is the format that has helped me to switch careers many times (from the consulting industry, to the venture capital industry, to the hedge fund industry, the the tech industry, to working at Goldman Sachs etc.).
This course will help you to create an incredible resume and LinkedIn profile and help you get the job of your dreams and is for every age, every industry, every career and everyone. We also cover more advanced LinkedIn topics like SEO (search engine optimization), publishing professional quality articles on LinkedIn, etc. Learn tips/tricks/hacks/secrets to how recruiters and human resources professionals search for you via LinkedIn.
30-day money back guarantee. Please note that this course overlaps with Part 2 of 3 of my Complete Job, Interview, Resume/LinkedIn and Network Career course.
I want to help you get your dream job as my passion has always been helping others reach their full potential. I also want you to learn from my mistakes and accomplishments and reach your full potential.
I have mentored many people using the concepts in this course and they have all achieved incredible success in life (not just my employees, interns and friends, but also my in-class students at the MBA and undergraduate universities that I teach at).
There are no limits; you can get any job you want and together we will make this happen. Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Chris : )
Professor Chris Haroun, Founder and Partner
Haroun Education Ventures
- This course is for anyone that is interested in getting their dream job and wants to learn how to create/optimize an incredible resume, LinkedIn profile, networking skills, interview skills and much more.
- This course is for anyone that is interested in learning how to create an incredible resume and Linkedin profile (or improve them) from an award winning MBA professor that has interviewed 1000 people over the past 20 years (1 per week) and has successfully changed careers from consulting to Goldman Sachs to hedge funds to tech to venture capital etc.
- This course is for anyone that is interested in improving or creating an incredible resume.
- This course is for anyone that is interested in improving or creating an outstanding LinkedIn profile.
- THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU GET THE JOB OF YOUR DREAMS…AND IS FOR EVERY AGE …EVERY INDUSTRY…EVERY CAREER….and EVERYONE! : )
This course will help you create an incredible resume and an incredible linkedin profile from scratch. I have also included an optional goal setting exercise near the end of the course.
Please find attached your Resume & LinkedIn Success Journal, which is a 67 page exercise book to help you do exceptionally well in your interviews. I attached a PDF and a Microsoft Word version of the same document (in case you wanted to type your answers to the 22 exercises in the Microsoft Word document).
Please only open and do the exercises in the attached Resume & LinkedIn Success Journal when I mention to please do them in the course videos (I will explain how & when and much more detail in the videos). Thanks
As always, I am here to help if you have any questions.
Thanks a lot for your time and for your commitment. Please enjoy the course; let's begin! Chris Haroun
This lesson introduces the resume format that we will use for this course as I got all of my jobs using this format and many executives (especially the senior ones) are familiar with this 1 page format; if it aint broke, why fix it. As such, we will use this 1 page format as it works best.
We will cover impactful words in this section that we can use on our resume to make it more professional and powerful.
Attached is the impactful words cheat sheet that we will use to create our resume.
Let's analyze people that have jobs we want and see what qualities they have that we don't. Then we will work on filling that gap you can get your dream job!
What should and what should we not list in the education section on our resume? How do we list education if we didn't or have not yet graduated? Should you list every club you were involved with or should you list additional course work that was not part of your degree on your resume?
Please spend a lot of time on this section - especially the last line of the resume as I have gotten jobs based on listing my hobbies! List your passions in life at the bottom. For me I always list baseball.
Please watch this video first before completing the exercise in your "Resume & LinkedIn Success Journal" which is attached to lecture #1 in the first section of this course. Thanks
This is the final resume step!!!! Please watch this video first before completing the exercise in your "Resume & LinkedIn Success Journal" which is attached to lecture #1 in the first section of this course. Thanks
Also, please find attached the resume template to use to complete your resume.
How to materially increase the chances of getting a meeting using a cover letter by appealing to people that are very similar to you and that are living your perfect life in 10 years....today. You will understand after this lecture, which should help lead to a breakthrough that will help you to get interviews or informationals.
Please find attached the 'I'm not a student and I'm not changing careers cover letter' and the 'I'm not a student and I'm not changing careers email script' documents that we discuss in this section. You can use these templates if you want to. Thanks
This is an optional exercise as we don't all use and send cover letters. Please complete the cover letter template and or the email template that applies to you which are attached to the previous 3 lessons of this section entitled:
The Changing Career Cover Letter (and Email Script if Applicable)
The I am a Student Cover Letter (and Email Script if Applicable)
The I'm Not a Student & I'm Not Changing Careers Cover Letter (an Email Script if Applicable)
We will work on porting our resume into our LinkedIn profile so that recruiters will have an easier time accessing our resume.
List your strengths, your passions, what is unique, interesting and interesting about you in your LinkedIn summary section among other topics covered in this lecture. We also discuss questions which will help you understand who the target reader is of your profile and many other topics including keywords to help you write a very impactful LinkedIn summary section.