Build Production Ready REST API in Spring Boot - Expense App
What you'll learn
- Learn building End-to-End Production Ready REST API
- Build a complete Expense Manager REST API with Spring Boot, Spring Security, Data JPA, JWT and MySQL Database
- Learn to create REST end points to perform Database operations
- Learn how validate the REST APIs
- Learn how to handle Exceptions and create Custom Exceptions
- Learn how create Mapping between two Entities
- One to One mapping
- One to One Bi-directional mapping
- One to Many mapping
- One to Many Bi-directional mapping
- Learn how to filter the records by writing JPA finder/query methods
- Learn how to use Lombok
- Learn how use Spring Security in Spring Boot application
- Learn how to configure multiple Users using In-memory Authentication
- Learn how to test REST APIs in Postman effectively
- Learn how to use Postman advance features
- Learn how to add Swagger for API Documentation
- Learn how to add JWT token based Authentication to Spring Boot application
- Learn how to deploy Spring Boot application to Heroku
- Learn how to deploy Spring Boot application to AWS
- Learn how to dockerize the Spring Boot Application with MySQL database
- And many more...
- Basics of Java
- Basics of Spring MVC and Spring Boot
Welcome to the World's Best Online Course for learn and building Production Ready REST API for Expense Manager API. There is a lot packed into this course, Let's see what's included in this course -
NEW UPDATES: I ADDED NEW VIDEOS ON
- Dockerize the Java Program
- Dockerize the Spring Boot Application
- Dockerize the Spring Boot Application with MySQL Database
What is Spring Boot?
Spring is one of the most popular framework for building Enterprise applications
Spring Boot is a tool to create Spring based applications quickly and easily with zero configuration.
What is Spring Data JPA?
Spring Data JPA is Java Persistence API for Object Mapping, Hibernate is the default implementation for JPA.
What is Spring Security?
Spring Security is separate project, created by spring team. We can use Spring Security to secure the application.
What is JWT?
JWT is a JSON Web Token, which is used to Secure the REST APIs using token based mechanism
We will start from absolute scratch -
Understanding the REST APIs/RESTful Web Service
Understanding the basics of Spring Boot such as, Spring Boot Starters, @SpringBootApplication annotation, Spring Boot project structure
You will learn the different ways of creating Spring Boot project
You will learn to create the REST end points
You will connect Spring Boot application to MySQL database
You will learn to perform the database operations using Data JPA
You will learn validating the REST APIs
You will learn handling the exceptions, custom exceptions, global exceptions and many more
You will learn adding Pagination and Sorting to REST APIs
You will learn creating REST end points for Users
You will add Spring Security to the application
You will understand the Spring Security default configuration
You will learn configuring multiple users using In-memory authentication
You will learn creating custom user details and validate user against MySQL database
You will learn the Basic Authentication
You will create REST end point for Login
You will learn reading the records only for the logged in user
You will learn Mapping two entities using @OneToMany annotation
You will learn using Lombok annotations
You will learn adding JWT to the application
You will JWT token based authentication
You will learn the advance features of Postman REST client
You will learn setup the automation script inside the Postman to test APIs
You will learn basic Git commands to push the code to Github repository
You will learn deploying the application to the Production server (Heroku)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn REST API with Spring Boot
- Anyone who wants to enhance their skills with Spring Boot and Spring Security
I am Bushan Sirgur from India, I have completed my Masters in Computer Science. Currently I am working as a Software Engineer in CenturyLink Pvt. Ltd. I have been working in Java Development since from the beginning. I have started my Career as a Intern in a startup, worked on Insurance domain and gain the knowledge on various technologies like Spring MVC, Hibernate, Struts and iBatis. I have written few posts on JavaFX, Spring MVC, Angular and Hibernate. I also own a YouTube channel B2 Tech, over 1000+ subscribers. I also made a video series on JavaFX. I would like to share my knowledge as much as possible with each and everyone out there through videos and blogs.