Build Data Visualizations with D3.js & Firebase
What you'll learn
- Learn D3 JS & Firebase (Firestore) from the ground up
- Create data-driven visualizations (graphs, charts, diagrams) with D3 JS
- Store (and retrieve) data in a real-time database called Firestore (from Firebase)
- Updata data visualizations in real-time with Firestore
- Create 3 projects with D3 and Firebase (Firestore)
- A basic to moderate level of HTML
- A basic to moderate level of CSS
Learn how to create great-looking data visualizations with D3.js
We'll learn about D3 select, changing SVG attributes & styles, scales, axes, transitions, hierarchial data and much more...
Use Firebase Firestore to update your D3.js diagrams in real-time
I'll also teach you how to use Firestore (from Google Firebase) - a real-time NoSQL database in which we can store our data. We'll use this to power our D3.js visualizations in real-time (without updating the browser) and to make them interactive, fun & dynamic.
We'll also be creating 3 projects to put our D3 & Firebase skills to the test - first of all a money planner called Ninja Wonga, then a fitness tracker called The Dojo and finally a company employee tree diagram called Ninja Corp.
...Why all the ninjas?
I'm also known as the Net Ninja on YouTube, with over 200,000 subscribers and nearly 1000 free development tutorials. Feel free to check out my teaching style there before you a buy my course :).
Who this course is for:
- Developers wanting to learn d3 and firebase
- Developers wanting to learn about data visualization
- Developers wanting to create SVG diagrams with d3
- Developers wanting to use firebase to drive their d3 diagrams
A Little About Me...
Hey gang, my name's Shaun and since a young age I've had an obsession for nearly anything tech-related. I've been coding since about the age of 15 (half of my life, now...phew!) and work as a full-stack web developer and online instructor.
I also run a well-known development tutorial YouTube channel called The Net Ninja with nearly 1 million subscribers. So feel free to browse some of my latest free tutorials on there if you want to check out my teaching style :).
As well as teaching, I've also helped to create many very popular, UK-based eCommerce websites, as well as a large amount of smaller, independent websites as well.
Other languages & technologies I use and teach are - Node.js, Vue, React, Python, Ruby, PHP, HTML & CSS.