Build a high availability cluster with PROXMOX and CEPH
What you'll learn
- How to build and manage HA cluster for 3 nodes deployment
- Proxmox adminstration tasks
- Ceph cluster deployment
- Hosts Windows and Lunix deployment on Proxmox
- You should have experience in Linux and should be familiar with Virtualisation.
- Be able to work with Linux Command Line Interface
- You also need to have basic networking knowledge
Entreprises or large corporation have started to virtualize thier environments a couple years ago.
That that means is that rather than buying hundreds of servers on metal for each service, they buy that one or two big fat servers and run many servers as virtual machines on those.
They use technologies like KVM or QEMU very often on VMWare ESX Servers. These solution are entrprise scale and so is their price tag.
Proxmox provides virtualization, lunix containers and others Entreprise features.
Such as software define storage, replication, backup, thin storage provisionning as well as high availability and many more.
This course will help you to build your first High Available and Scalable Cluster which will be easy to extend with extra storage space or add extra compute power with NO downtime. The cluster will remain up, even in a case when one or more servers go completely down.
This course includes essential knowledge and skill which will help you to build your first production ready redundant cluster with Proxmox and Ceph. Both Proxmox and Ceph are proven by time technologies.
Proxmox is a Virtualization platform that includes the most wanted enterprise features such as live migration, high availability groups, and backups.
Ceph is a reliable and highly scalable storage solution designed for performance and reliability. With ceph storage, you may extend storage space on the fly with no downtime at all! My goal to show that Ceph is not a black magic box, but a smart solution which can be easy to install and manage.
This is an introductory course which aimed to help to obtain essential skills and knowledge to build your first High Availability Cluster.
If you heard or even tried OpenStack, but found it either too complicated for your environment, then the most likely you will enjoy this course as it is aimed for small deployments.
Please note that at the moment I was writing the course the version of Proxmox was 7.
Who this course is for:
- For those who are looking for way to quick introduction to CEPH and PROXMOX
- Quick and Easy way to build redundant virtualisation solution
Hi, I'm BEKROUNDJO Akoley Aristide and I'm an IT Expert.
I am an accomplished coder, security designer and cloud specialist, and I enjoy using my skills to contribute to the exciting technological advances that happen every day.
- CEH (Master): Certified Ethical Hacker v11
- ISO 27001 LI: ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
- Machine Learning
- ArcSight ESM 6.5 Advanced Administrator-CSE
- ESM200 -Advanced ArcSight ESM Administrator and Analyst
- Solution Consultant SironAML
- Solution Consultant SironKYC
- ITIL® Foundation