In this day and age, owning a website is quite an important be it for personal purposes or for your business. There are a lot of FREE tools available out there for really anyone to be able to create a website themselves without the need to learn coding.
A lot of people actually wants to create and own their very own website, however a lot of them either don’t know where they should get started or they get turned off by the pricey plans offered by companies like Wix and Weebly. They thought that these are the only way to own a website. What they don’t know is that websites can be created without any cost at all and without any knowledge in coding at all. They cannot be blamed since companies like Wix and Weebly go all out in advertising to potential customers and thus a lot of those who wants to own a website fall into this trap. They are then tied up to the expensive monthly and yearly plans in order to continue to have their website online.
About the course
This course aims to teach the non-techies out there what they need to know about website building and how to start. We will talk about and use all the necessary tools to get your website up and running. Best of all, you do not have to spend a single dime to get to this step. You can have your website online for FREE as long as you want it to be. The course was designed to be as concise as possible so that you don’t have to spend too much of your daily life to learn website building. You can go through the course as slow or as fast as you’d like. Tailor to your own pace.
Who is this course for?
1. Those who don’t own a website yet but plans to learn how to create one for themselves.
2. Those who own a website elsewhere but is looking to cut on the cost of having the website online down to 0 dollars.
3. Those who plans to pay someone to create a website for them but looking to get some knowledge on how things work behind the scenes so that they do not get conned.
4. Those who do not wish to learn coding but still wants a website for themselves.
Who am I to teach you?
About 5 years ago, I accepted a position at a non-profit organisation as their IT manager. I was tasked to start a website for them with as minimum budget. I then went on a long journey to learn coding, in order to be able to develop a website. After finishing the course, I thought I am now ready to create a website for cheap. After more research, I realised that I don’t actually need to learn coding to be able to develop a website for cheap. There are tons of FREE tools available out there that anyone without prior coding knowledge can use to get a professional website working for FREE. After much of experimenting and trying out all of the tools available, I finally succeeded in launching the website for them at no monetary cost but of course a lot of my time and effort has been used up. I then decided to design and create this course teaching you the best practices, dos and don’ts to those who is experiencing what I experienced back then. Best of all, I’ll simply lay down the options for you and after completing the course, you get to decide to choose whichever options you think best suites you after considering factors such as cost, coding knowledge, time commitment and many more.
What we’ll cover?
1. We start by understanding how a website works behind the scene
2. You’ll know what are the different ways of creating a website
3. I’ll explain the pros and cons of Wix and Weebly and why they are expensive
4. I’ll introduce you to WordPress and other CMSs
5. I’ll let you explore some of the other FREE website builders available for those who do need to have a website working quickly without much time commitment
6. We’ll go deeper into building WordPress websites including a walkthrough, best FREE plugins you should definitely install and optimising your site.
7. I’ll share the FREE resources to create your website including FREE images, icons, sound effects, website templates and how to create a logo for FREE.
8. We’ll switch gears into bringing your website online and the setup process itself.
9. I’ll let you choose FREE hosting providers of your choice including Google Drive, GitHub, 000webhost, Google Cloud Platform and many more.
10. I’ll explain each of their pros and cons.
11. I’ll teach you about domain names, what they are, how much they cost and how to get them for FREE.
12. I’ll tell you some tips and tricks to get your very own .com domain for 1 dollar.
13. Once you have a domain name of your choice, you’ll learn how to connect them to your website.
14. I added some bonus contents on FREE resources to learn web development if you are planning to be serious and apply a job in the field.
15. I also point you to a FREE web-based data-driven application website if you would like to create an online database application of your own.