Build a Web Scraper Using PHP
What you'll learn
- Installing PHP
- Create files and directories in PHP
- Create functions that can scrape the web
- Build complete web scraper script
- Pull out data from any web page
- Computer with Windows or MAC
- Internet connection
- Good knowledge of PHP. (e.g. how to create PHP files/functions/classes)
This courses teaches you how to build a program that is capable of collecting important data from the web using PHP.
The amount of data that is present on the intent today is insanely huge. The days where you would just copy and paste data from several web pages are gone because it will take you forever to collect a huge amount of data. Therefore, creating scripts that are capable of gathering up data from web pages come in handy. It will save a massive amount of time. Not to mention that it will also gather up data from the web in a organized file where you don't have to spent time and money fixing up collected data.
By the end of this course you will have built a project using PHP programming language that is capable of gathering data from the web.
Why should you take this course?
There are many reasons why this course is extremely important. First and most prominently is that you will learn one of the most important capabilities of PHP. As you know, PHP is a web-based server-side programming language which means that it's specialized in the web and can work with web pages perfectly. Let alone the fact that you will intensify your programming skills. Let me list out the advantages of taking this course.
1. You will learn how web scrapers work.
2. You will intensify your skills in programming in general and in PHP in particular.
3. You will be able to modify the script for your own goal to work with different web pages.
4. You will have a new skill in you resume.
What you will learn in this course?
1. Create project and install libraries.
2. Run PHP project in the browser.
3. Structure your project.
4. Essentials of PHP library to scrape the web.
5. How to write PHP algorithm to scrape the web.
6. Create directory and file to save data.
7. Save data to files.
8. Organize your project.
9. Much much more...
Note: The project that will be created throughout this course will be provided so that you can download it and use it for commercial and non-commercial purposes.
Who this course is for:
- PHP developers
- Web developers
Hi, it's Mustafa Alawi, a Software engineer & entrepreneur. I've basically seven years of experience in web development & software development. I also work as a consultant helping small-businesses. And have a great passion for business & entrepreneurship and founded CalmAndCode.
I like teaching people and providing them with the knowledge that I have as I'm talented at simplifying complex theories and matters. And one of my goals is to help my students find success and reach their goals.
My way of teaching focuses on helping students applying what they learn to make sure they're capable of using what they learn in the real world.
Moreover, I work on entrepreneurial projects from time to time.