How to Build a Successful Freelance Business
What you'll learn
- Develop the right habits to make sure you're efficient in working for yourself
- Create a powerful online presence and make yourself stand out from the competition on social media
- Make the most out of your time on freelancing platforms like Upwork with a few simple tweaks
- Pitch with impact and land (and keep) high-quality clients
- Charge what you're worth and set your freelance rates as soon as you acquire new skills
- Get paid faster through effective freelance proposals, contracts and invoices
- Understand the benefit of managing your income and expenses
- Bring other passive income revenue streams into your business to take some of the financial pressure off
- No experience in the freelance field is required to take this course.
- Access to a laptop is ideal but you will also be able to follow along on mobile or tablet devices.
Maybe you’re looking to shift your existing career into a successful freelance business or you’re changing careers completely. Maybe you’re looking to freelance full-time or create a bit of extra income by freelancing part-time. No matter what your unique situation is, you’ll find the answers and support you’re looking for within this course.
Being able to work online with a variety of freelance clients while travelling the world has completely changed my life. It has allowed me to work on my own terms, with businesses that appreciate the value I bring to their business and who understand my need for creative freedom. And now I want to help you build your dream freelance career with this course.
We’ll begin the course by setting up the foundations of your freelance career by getting into the right headspace and habits. Then, we will go into the ins and outs of what it takes to get your name out there, approach clients and how to successfully work with them.
This is where you will learn how to:
Create a powerful online presence
Succeed on freelancing platforms
Approach and pitch yourself to clients
Send proposals and contracts
Invoice your clients with ease
Set and raise your rates
Manage your finances
Bring in extra passive income
… and more!
We’ll then finish off the course by creating a free, one-page portfolio website as a part of the course assignment that you can then send to your clients for them to learn more about you and your business.
This course is full of all the things I wish I knew before I began freelancing and everything I learned along the way. So hopefully you find it as valuable as I do, and I can't wait to see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is curious about how to build a successful freelance career, whether that's full-time or part-time.
Hey you, I’m Maggie. I'm a digital marketer and your creative instructor.
Back in 2016 I was first introduced to the world of social media marketing. I was SO excited about the possibility of working online and being my own boss but I was really struggling with the lack of honest, authentic, and high-quality information out there for beginners. So after learning the ropes the hard way and becoming a successful freelancer, I set out to help make things easier for creative overachievers like myself.
So, I went ahead and created everything with you in mind.
My courses are made by someone who knows exactly how intimidating it can be to be trying to master 20 tools at once and stay on top of constant updates with each of them. And my hope is to take away some of the overwhelm for you and make you feel like you're not alone in this.
As a location-independent freelancer, I have traveled all over while working from my laptop. My online skills have led to working with an exciting range of talented people, from sole traders to multi-million dollar businesses.
And now, my ultimate goal is to continuously keep improving as an instructor, empowering you to be excited about your future in the digital world having learned valuable new skills within this exciting world of online marketing :)
I can't wait to see you in my courses, happy learning everyone!