What you'll learn
- Introductory Node
- How To Use API's In Your Node App
- How to Use Express JS for Static Webpages
- How to Use Handlebars for Dynamic Pages
- How To Get Stock Market Data For Your App
- Download and Install Node
- Basic CSS with Bootstrap 4.1
- How To Push Your App To Heroku for Webhosting
- No programming skills or special tools are necessary to take this course
- You just need a computer with Internet access and a Web Browser
- We'll Download Some Free Tools To Work With
Watch over my shoulder as I build a cool Stock Market app step by step right in front of you. You’ll follow along and build your own copy. By the time we’re finished, you’ll have a solid understanding of Node and how to use it to build awesome web apps.
Node is a great web development tool and learning it has never been this easy.
What We'll Build...
We'll build a cool Stock Market Portfolio app that let's you search stock ticker symbols by connecting to a third party API to collect stock market information about your stocks!
We'll style the website using the popular Bootstrap CSS framework (I'll show you how to use it!)
Sign up today and I'll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn to build web apps
John Elder is a pioneer in Web Development who created one of the first Internet advertising networks back in 1997. He sold it to a publicly traded company at the height of the dot com boom and then went on to create the best-selling Submission-Spider search engine submission software that's been used by over 3 million individuals and small businesses in over 45 countries.
Today he teaches Web Development courses at Codemy the online code school he founded.
John graduated with honors with a degree in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis where he was an ArtSci Scholar.