- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a chat application entirely with AWS services, and no stand-alone servers at all
- Architect and design serverless applications
- Serve static resources to browsers using AWS's S3 (Simple Storage Service)
- Manage permissions and access policies using IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- Manipulate and vend data in the cloud using AWS Lambda
- Use CORS to manage client-side security in serverless apps
- Store and retrieve data with DynamoDB
- Model API's and create SDK's with API Gateway
- Create a user login system with Cognito
- Speed up your web app with a CloudFront CDN
Learn how Lambda allows you to execute snippets of code without running a dedicated server.
Learn how Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) gets around browser security to allow you to call web services from your page.
Let's cover DynamoDB from a high level, and learn how it might help us store our chat data more efficiently.
Let's cover the various components of Cognito, which we'll use for user account management.
You don't want your changes to "go live" immediately. Lambda versioning ensures a known good version of what your code is what's live. We'll also use Canary to divide traffic between different deployments, create and use a test stage and promote it to production, and use version aliases to simplify the configuration of Lambda.
- You'll need a desktop PC with Internet access
Immerse yourself in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with this hands-on, project-based course - and truly internalize some highly valuable skills in the world of technology. We'll walk you through building your own chat website using nothing but AWS services - and no standalone services or server instances at all!
Building a "serverless app" using AWS and its Lambda service is a great introduction to the core services AWS offers. As you create your chat application, you'll learn and use the following AWS services:
- S3 (Simple Storage Service) - For storing static HTML and vending it to your users' browsers
- Lambda - For executing logic in the cloud for storing and retrieving data in your application
- IAM (Identity and Access Management) - For securing access to your services
- API Gateway - For presenting a well-modeled API to your clients and automatically generating client-side code to communicate with it
- DynamoDB - For quickly storing and retrieving data at scale
- Cognito - For managing users, account creation, and logins securely
- CloudFront - For accelerating the delivery of your site to end users with a CDN
Even if you're familiar with AWS, you'll learn valuable techniques on how to build a fully functional, dynamic website without maintaining any servers at all - not even via EC2!
Your highly experienced guides through this project are Frank Kane, formerly a senior manager at Amazon, and Brian Tajuddin, a principal engineer also formerly working at Amazon. You'll be learning AWS from people who were there when it was being created. You'll join over 140,000 other students of the Sundog Education team who have leveled up their careers with hot technical skills.
As an added bonus, you'll be offered membership in a closed Facebook Group for students of this course, where you can continue to collaborate with each other even after you've finished it.
Although this course isn't targeting any specific AWS certification exam, you'll leave it with a great foundation of AWS knowledge that will begin to prepare you for them.
- Technologists curious about Amazon Web Services and how to build web applications entirely in the cloud
- People seeking basic AWS skills as a start in working toward certifications
- People who learn best by doing, with a concrete example.
- Engineers tasked with building a web app who want to minimize ongoing maintenance