Learn Socket to Create Multiplayer Games with Unity
- 13.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Developing own game server from scratch
- Serializing data structures and preparing for transfer over the network
- How data transfering between clients and server
- C# threading
- Reading and deserializing data from network
- Learn game server architecture design
- You must have installed and have basic experience with Visual Studio
- You must have installed and have basic experience with Unity 5 or greater
- Understanding network communications on basic level
- Intermediate knowledge in C# programming language
- Perseverance and desire to achieve the goal.(Most important one)
Learn socket programming in C# .Net
Get proficient in computer network socket programming using TCP/IP streaming sockets and become a better professional programmer.
Perhaps you have already created some cool game and now you want your game to be multiplayer but you do not know how to do it? Creating games is hard but creating online games is even harder, especially if you do not know where to start. These days a lot of cool solutions that help achieve this or that purpose. However, I am sure that this does not suit you, either because these solutions are quite expensive or created to solve only certain tasks. Thanks to this course you will see how to program the real online games.
Due to the fact that nowadays the resources of CPU have become easily accessible to everyone, C# is perfectly suitable for creating client-server applications and for network multithreaded programming. You will see how to create a multithreaded game server for your games in C# programming language that will receive and send data to your clients in real-time using the TCP protocol that is used in real game projects.
With this course, you will see how event-driven and service-oriented applications work. Understand how to use multi-threaded programming in Unity Game Engine and you will see how to serialize and transfer data from the clients on Unity with C# programming language to the server.
At the end of this course, you will be able to create C# (Sharp) .Net software capable of sending and receiving data over TCP/IP sockets on peer to peer basis with async and await keywords. You will learn not only socket programming, but OOP as well. The course will make you a better programmer. you will have the source code of the complete production-ready event-driven service-oriented concurrent game server on C# and client for Unity Game Engine, which you can modify and freely use in your projects.
Having completed the course you will have all the skills necessary to create 3D multi-player games of your own. With the 30 day money-back guarantee you can start the course today with complete confidence.
- For everyone who wants to learn how to develop server applications for any kind of games