Build a Modern API with FastAPI and Python
What you'll learn
- Learn to build APIs with FastAPI and Python and organize your projects.
- Learn to write unit-tests for the API.
- Learn to improve development workflow using Docker and Python specific tools.
- Learn to apply advanced development techniques.
- Learn about FastAPI's middleware and authentication.
- Learn to use MongoDB as a database.
- Learn to deploy your application on Kubernetes.
- General knowledge about how the web works is recommended to have.
- General programming experience is recommended to have.
- Python programming experience recommended but not necessary. It can be picked while working on the course.
Learn to build modern APIs from scratch using Python and Fast API.
Join this course in order to learn to build a Movie Tracking API from scratch using Python with FastAPI and MongoDB. During the course you will learn web application development basics, how to structure a Python project, how to apply design patterns and to write unit tests for your API.
You will also learn how to use the tools that professional Python developers use in their day to day work and to improve your workflow.
The course uses Python 3.10 and Fast API.
What you'll learn in this course:
- How to build a real-world Movie Tracking web service API.
- How to write unit tests with Pytest.
- How to structure a Python project.
- How to improve your development workflow with Docker and compose plugin.
- How to apply design patterns such as the Repository.
- How to code an in-memory database from scratch.
- How to work with MongoDB from Python.
- How to write and think about the application's RESTful endpoints.
- How to handle pagination.
- How to work with Fast API's dependency injection feature.
- How to handle configuration for your Fast API project.
- How to containerize a Python project.
- How to deploy the solution on Kubernetes.
- How to scale the API.
- Python knowledge is desired but NOT required, it can be picked up during this course as Python is intuitive.
- Web Fundamentals knowledge is desired but NOT required, it can be learned during this course by using free linked resources.
Who this course is for:
- Developers looking to learn back-end development with Fast API and Python.
- Technical students looking to follow a project based aproach and learn a new skills.
- Everyone who is interested in learning to build a Web APIs using Python and have some technical experience.
I am a Software Developer with over 6 years of experience in developing and architecting software solutions. I have an academic background in computer science and engineering from UPT.
As a developer I've built and designed complex backend services using Python, Java and Golang that have been deployed on Kubernetes. I was responsible for deploying, maintaining and monitoring the systems.